Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We have a 2017 with 42,000 miles (bought new in 2017). We had planned to buy the HondaCare warranty along the way from one of the two dealers always recommended, but honestly time and life slipped away from us. Now that we have more than 36,000 miles, it is too late and there are no HondaCare options available to us.

Are there any other extended warranty companies that people have used and would recommend? We prefer to have our cars fixed at dealerships after some issues we have encountered with past vehicles being serviced at auto repair companies (and then the dealer had to fix the damage since it wasn't fixed originally).

(as a side note, our car is at the dealer today getting fixed and it is a $1k repair - we will get it fixed fully, but would like to avoid this in the future with some sort of a warranty, even if it has a deductible) - edited to add - the repair is the fuel injector issue that is discussed on another thread*

·
Registered
617 Posts
Get a price for a warranty that will actually pay for something when you need it, then put that money in the bank.

As every seller of extended warranties knows, its more likely that you will pay less than that amount for repairs.

As an aside, given your preferences and the state of the auto market right now, I would consider trading your current vehicle for a certified pre-owned, and put a Honda warranty on that one.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Pilot Black Edition
98 Posts
I was offered the extended warranty for my 2020 Pilot and didn't take it at that time. It's good to know I can still get it as long as I don't exceed the 3 years/36,000 miles. I'm definitely getting it with all the issues I've read in the threads.

·
Registered
2016 EXL AWD Nav with sensing , 2008 Corolla SE
871 Posts
I purchased my 16EXL used from a Honda dealer in Ottawa. It had 80k Kms on it so the only warranty options offered were 3rd party and the cost was in the $4000 range so I declined. I figured four grand covers a lot of repairs especially if you are mechanically inclined and not afraid to get your hands dirty. These companies are only offering warranties because there is money to be made. If you must have a warranty then get the extended from Honda or trade up every 3 years.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You may want to look into your auto insurance company. Some carry extended warranty. I think Progressive and Mercury offer this option. It's under "mechanical breakdown" coverage.
I'm with Allstate. They just sent something the other day about a warranty/repair insurance option. I did not pay much attention since I have a long term HondaCare on the 2019 Pilot and another 1.5 years on the GM extended warranty on my Chevy Traverse.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts