Votes: 10 13.0%
  • No extended warranty

Votes: 37 48.1%
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you have the 7 year 100,000 mile extended warranty?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yes, I have that warranty with $50 deductable. Always buy them and never needed it on my 4Runner. This is my first Honda, so "better safe than sorry".

Cindy:2:

·
Registered
494 Posts
Yup, 7 yrs 100,000 miles and 0 deductable. Just playing it safe.

·
Registered
52 Posts
7yrs/75K with zero deductible for me....i don't put many miles on my vehicles so there was more benefit in this warranty

·
Registered
85 Posts
Is the warranty worth it?

What are people's opinion's of the extended warranties? Does it seem necessary or worth it?

Do these have to be purchased at the time of the vehicle or can they be purchased later?

Thanks

·
Registered
136 Posts
Re: Is the warranty worth it?

BigBarkingDog said:
What are people's opinion's of the extended warranties? Does it seem necessary or worth it?

Do these have to be purchased at the time of the vehicle or can they be purchased later?

Thanks
it is my understanding that you can add them anytime later up til the orig warranty runs out. You may have to pay a bit more if the price goes up. I don't put many mile on my vehicle either so a 5 or 7 year 60-70 thousand mile warranty would do for me. Any one get one of these yet and how much. A while back I read about a dealer that discounted the warrantyl and my dealer said go for it since it was about the same as their cost. I am still waiting to decide.
Bob:11:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Best Price out there?

Several months ago Pilot owners posted the name of a contact person at a dealership (in the south I believe) , who was offering Honda warranties at $40 above cost. I can't seem to track down that thread.

What is the best price out there???. Have they come down in 2003?. I'm still thinking about purchasing the extended warranty @ 7/100.

·
Registered
136 Posts
try this thread and let me know how you come out
http://www.honda-pilot.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6&perpage=15&highlight=ext warranty&pagenumber=1

Found another file on my pc in regards to ext warranty
9/30/02
Honda Ext Warranty updates
DONNA IS GONE
If you are looking for an extended warranty, Donna's replacement is Megan Seaton. You can reach her at [email protected]. She with the same dealer in Maryland where Donna was located. The price she quoted the former poster (pa pilot) for a 7yr 100,000 mi was $1,115, which she says is $40 over cost. this was info as of sept., maybe Megan is still there unless they replaced her too. :)
here is another quote I found:
According to Hondawarranty.com it's $50. -$100. cheaper for $50. deductible depending on the plan.
Another source which is popular on the Odyclub site is Tracy at Alton Blakely Honda in Somerset, Kentucky (800) 264-3275 if for some reason Donna(now megan) can't help you. i believe Tracy meets or beats another dealer quote.-- MDXlite

i may do one later this year or next
regards,
bob (sandman)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Thanks Sandman

I contacted Tracy at Somerset Ky Honda. 1-800-264-3275

She's claims $60 above cost on these figures

7/100 w/ 0 deductible---> $1210.00
7/100 $50 deductible---> $1160.00

Honda apparently increased the warranty prices in 2003. I'm awaiting a reply from Megan in Maryland.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Purchsed Ext.Warranty

I purchased the 7yr/100K mile $0 deductible HondaCare in December of 2002 to beat the price increase. You have a couple of years to purchase it, but the rates are subject to increase every January 1st. Also, my dealer was giving 0% financing, so it doesn't hurt as much when you spread the cost over 18 months.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I have a 7 year, 100,000 mile extended warranty from Allstate Insurance. It si better, I think, in that you do not have to have work done by Honda. I had one on my 1999 Civic EX and paid $750 for it and it paid out over $1000 for repairs with approx 70,000 miles on the vehicle.

·
Registered
85 Posts
thanks for the information

Thanks all for the costs on the warranties. For all who are long-time Honda owners who have purchased extended warranties, what has been your experience? Have you needed them?

4603pba - I didn't know you could purchase them from insurance companies. I will definitely have to check out some rates. Do you know for sure if all warranty work dealer has to be performed at a dealer? I have a mechanic that I trust and like that I would want to continue to service my vehicle, even on warranty work if allowed.

Thank you

·
Registered
43 Posts
sandman said:
try this thread and let me know how you come out
http://www.honda-pilot.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6&perpage=15&highlight=ext warranty&pagenumber=1

Found another file on my pc in regards to ext warranty
9/30/02
Honda Ext Warranty updates
DONNA IS GONE
If you are looking for an extended warranty, Donna's replacement is Megan Seaton. You can reach her at [email protected]. She with the same dealer in Maryland where Donna was located. The price she quoted the former poster (pa pilot) for a 7yr 100,000 mi was $1,115, which she says is $40 over cost. this was info as of sept., maybe Megan is still there unless they replaced her too. :)
here is another quote I found:
According to Hondawarranty.com it's $50. -$100. cheaper for $50. deductible depending on the plan.
Another source which is popular on the Odyclub site is Tracy at Alton Blakely Honda in Somerset, Kentucky (800) 264-3275 if for some reason Donna(now megan) can't help you. i believe Tracy meets or beats another dealer quote.-- MDXlite

i may do one later this year or next
regards,
bob (sandman)
I sent an email to Megan and request for price quote for Honda Care Warranties and here's her reply. The prices show a $35 increase on Honda Care Warranty compare to last year. Nevertheless, these are still very good price. My dealer quote me $1600 for 6yr/75k Warranty....(what was my dealer thinking :3: )

Hey John,

The prices for the Pilot warranties are as follows (all are zero deduct)

6 yr / 75k - $695
6 yr / 100k - $920
7 yr / 75k - $825
7 yr / 100k - $1,150

If you are interested in obtaining this coverage, please email me back with your name and address so I can then mail you the Honda Care application. Thanks so much for your interest and I hope to hear from you soon!

Thanks in advance,

Megan Seaton

·
Registered
23 Posts
That seems better than what I ended up paying in December. I purchased a 7 yr/ 75,000 for 945 from Curry Honda in MA. They had an internet deal and my local dealer couldn't beat that price. I did a search for Honda Care and they came up.

I wanted the warranty for a couple reasons. Most of all because I am financing the car, I wanted a warranty that a least took me through the time I am financing. Secondly, first year car so wanted to make sure they cover some defects that seem to happen just as the warranty runs out. This car has to last us a long time.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Be careful when buying a non Honda (or non-manufacturer) warranty. The warranty is only as good as the company backing it.
I had purchased a GM extended warranty on a new car, years ago. The dealer (without my knowledge) changed it to a generic one with supposed better coverage, so I left it. The company went bankrupt, the dealer could care less (last car they ever sold me) and I was left with major repair costs and a worthless warranty.

I wouldn't be concerned with Allstate or other similarly large companies.
The other reason I like going with manufacturer's warranties is that they have more interest in you than just a warranty. The dealers usually serve as their agents as well, whereas some insurance companies require inspection and approval on everything prior to being repaired. There are some good aftermarket warranties but there would have to be a major difference in price to consider it.

Does Tim have group buys on extended warranties?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Just received Megan Seatons' reply to my email.
Her figures are for 2003. There has been no price increase over what she qouted last year....Apparently our contact in Kentucky has a calculator that works different than Megan's?. lol.

(See below)

I think at one time there was a discussion of a group buy on extended warranties but it didn't seem to go anywhere. Not sure if Tim would deal with anything outside of just parts...good question though.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I just cut and paste her email to me........here it is....

'03 figures are as follows

7 yr / 100k / $0 deduct - $1,150

7 yr / 100k / $50 deduct - $1,055

If you are interested in obtaining this coverage, please email me back with your name and address so I can send you the Honda Care application. Thanks so much for your interest and I hope to hear from you soon! By the way, prices quoted are still $40 above dead cost!!

Thanks

Megan

·
Registered
85 Posts
Here are the numbers before promotional code

Honda Care Extended Warranty

The only extended warranty backed by Honda.
Huge savings from regular dealer pricing!

For a limited time only... Save an additional $85 off our regular low price.
This offer is only valid through January 31.

To take advantage of this offer, save this promotional code: 76332
It is required to take advantage of the additonal savings!

This is a real, Honda backed warranty. Honored by every Honda dealer in
America. The one that your dealer may have offered you for hundreds more!

This is a no risk offer!
100% refundable, if you decide to cancel for any reason within 60 days!

There is no site on the internet where you can purchase for less! Feel free to
browse our plans and our incredibly low pricing on the site.

If you have questions about the purchase of a Honda Care warranty, call Dave
Heffernan at (413)478-3525.

www.HondaWarranty.com

Attachments

1 - 20 of 29 Posts