• $50 deductible 6 yrs 100,000 miles

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • no extended warranty

Votes: 25 64.1%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
I had purchased a 7 yr/100K mile warranty, but I cancelled it once I realized that my dealer had jacked me. I may buy one evenutally, if I do, it will be the 7yr/100k $0 deductible.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Admin...

could we add the 7 year/100,000 mile option both with $0 and $50 deductible?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Extended warranty

I negotiated with my dealer and purchased the 6 year/75,000 mile warranty for $195.00 from Honda Care - they advertise that plan for $880.00 and there is almost always an Internet coupon for $75.00 or so. I am considering extending it to the 7 year/100,000 mile plan prior to the expiration of the original warranty based on my experience up to that point...

·
Registered
121 Posts
My dealer gave me a free extended warranty if I performed my maintenance with them. And thier maintenance prices are actually reasonable.

·
Registered
18 Posts
7 year/100000 mile warranty

My dealer has offered me 7 year/100000 mile (0 deductible) warranty for $935. Is it a good price?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Re: 7 year/100000 mile warranty

rmodi said:
My dealer has offered me 7 year/100000 mile (0 deductible) warranty for $935. Is it a good price?
From what I have seen rmodi, that is a very good price and if sources are accurate, that is actually less than their cost.

·
Registered
82 Posts
$935 is the cheapest I've seen (lowest has been around $1075 or so)...Most dealers try and get you for at least $1500 if you dont know anybetter...

That's a great deal assuming it is the standard "Hondacare" Warranty directly (from Honda )and not some 3rd Party or dealer specfic warranty

·
Registered
469 Posts
Extended warranty

HondaCare

Per this site 6 year/100,000 (no deductible) is $1105.00 less $75.00 for using the Internet = $1030.00. Sounds like a good price, but eveything is negotiable and the dealer gets a break for selling the coverage - I'd ask for more...

·
Registered
18 Posts
It is Honda Care

Yes. I think it is a good price. The business manager did not want to give it at $935. He did put the price in the system as $1135. I was getting pinstriping and front-window tint for $200. He just tacked in that amount to the warranty.

In any case, I do not care as long as I get 7 year/100000 mile (0 deductible) HondaCare warranty, pinstriping and front-window tint for $1135.:2:

·
Registered
25 Posts
warranty

Go to continentalwarranty.com and you will find best warranty in the business. If you do not use it during warranty period they give you your money back!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Knowing that all you guys got great deals is making me re-think not getting a warranty. I can always add one in the future, right?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Re: Extended warranty

Older than dirt said:
I negotiated with my dealer and purchased the 6 year/75,000 mile warranty for $195.00 from Honda Care - they advertise that plan for $880.00 and there is almost always an Internet coupon for $75.00 or so. I am considering extending it to the 7 year/100,000 mile plan prior to the expiration of the original warranty based on my experience up to that point...
How did you get an $880 dollar warranty for $195 from your dealer??? Sound too good to be true. Did you arm wrestle him for it or get the dogs on him???
Let us know.
Regards,
Bob:rolleyes:

·
Registered
469 Posts
Extended warranty

I negotiated with my dealer just like prices on the options! It also helped that another local dealer was "doubling" the original Honda warranty as part of a sales campaign (covered by his dealership, NOT HondaCare!!!). The warranty I negotiated WAS HondaCare!

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Re: warranty

mudmanfl said:
Go to continentalwarranty.com and you will find best warranty in the business. If you do not use it during warranty period they give you your money back!
Hey mudman...
The dealer down here told me that Florida 'governs' (for a lack of a better word) the auto warranties. I told them I could get elsewhere and they told me I couldn't. Do you know anything about this?
:confused:

·
Registered
23 Posts
extended warranty

I found an internet deal for a Honda Care through a honda dealership in MA. I live in Oregon and purchased here in Oregon. Does anyone know if I purchase the one through the MA dealership that it will cover work done here in OR? Are there any rules that say you have to purchase an extended warranty thorugh the same dealership you bought from?

The Internet deal for me was $1020 with a $75 promo to make it $945 for a $0 deductible, 7 year, 75K.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts