Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Ferdball said:
Yes, Yes, No!

A defender, but cant tell from the angle what the wheel base is.

Definetly longer than a 90, but does not look like a 110.
I have not kept up on the Land Rover models, but the people into those things would know exactly how rare or common it is.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Re: Re: Exotic, rare or odd?

N_Jay said:

Yes, Yes, No!

Definetly longer than a 90, but does not look like a 110.
I have not kept up on the Land Rover models, but the people into those things would know exactly how rare or common it is.
Darn slow dial-up.

Just noticed second picture.

Looks like a millitary Land Rover. Not sure about the model name on those things.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Re: Exotic, rare or odd?

N_Jay said:

Here's another angle for you. Check out the exoskeleton.

The sign on the second one says "Suisse Armee Pinzguaer," and the spare is a Maloya.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Looks like a great vehicle for doing some serious off-roading, but I can't see why someone would wanna drive that around town for everyday use.

·
Registered
747 Posts
rode in defender before. Slow and even louder than my passport. Comfortable speed on pavement is like 45mph. But if I ever go safari, that's the vehicle I want to have.
Why would ppl use these vehicle around? Almost like the same answer why ppl driving H1, but just a cheaper version.

·
Registered
342 Posts
It's a Pinzgauer. Apparently you can buy a used one pretty cheap and drive it anywhere.

The available accessories are somewhat different than what you would normally find on a Pilot. I like the machine gun-equipped version myself. It would come in REALLY handy during rush hour! :2:

Info here.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Whoops! Here's the picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
defender? Looks like de fenders, de bumpers, de wheels, ... de whole ting.:19::2: :21: :jump3: :20:

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Does this mean its the first unit body SUV?

Most off-road utility vehicles feature a separate ladder chassis to which a body is mounted above and the transmission below. The Pinzgauer features a strong centre tube chassis, incorporated into which is the transmission. The unitary construction body frame is then mounted to the chassis tube to give exceptional rigidity

·
Registered
747 Posts
Ferdball said:
Does this mean its the first unit body SUV?

Most off-road utility vehicles feature a separate ladder chassis to which a body is mounted above and the transmission below. The Pinzgauer features a strong centre tube chassis, incorporated into which is the transmission. The unitary construction body frame is then mounted to the chassis tube to give exceptional rigidity
I think it's called a tube frame type vehicle. I wouldn't call it unitbody.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just saw my second Swiss Pinzguaer in my life. What are the odds. I don't have my camera with me, so you'll have to trust me.
Anyone know how many horses is equivalent to 100kW?

·
Registered
429 Posts
To convert KW to HP take KW times 1.341 so it is 134.1 HP.
Most european mfg rate power at rear wheels so it probably a 160 or so HP at the engine, not bad for a Swiss diesel.
The Defender is rare in the us only about 1900 or so of the 90 length model were imported from 93 to 97. Any 110 length models which is what that picture is were all brought over one by one by each owner. Now in the rest of the world the defender is as common as Fords are here.

Matt:)

·
Registered
964 Posts
Ferdball

I just saw a Panz for sale in La Mesa. It was at a used car dealership on Baltimore and University. I have no idea what year it was but they were asking about $17,000 for it. It was the 4 wheel version.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts