Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
That seems high for the prices I see in TX. Timing belt is supposed to be done at 105, so be sure you find out if it has been done or not.

·
Registered
10,201 Posts
I'm looking at a 2013 touring 103k miles listed for 19k clean carfax. It would have to be delivered to new york from Arizona. My question is I know the pilots last a long time, but is picking one up with 103k miles too much? Theres another 2013 touring with 84k listed for 22k. Thanks again
Have you investigated leasing a new 2022 Pilot (with a warranty), rather than buying a presently overvalued ten-year-old used vehicle (with no warranty)?
After three years you can either buy it out, or see what else is on the market that might interest you.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Have you investigated leasing a new 2022 Pilot (with a warranty), rather than buying a presently overvalued ten-year-old used vehicle (with no warranty)?
After three years you can either buy it out, or see what else is on the market that might interest you.
How much are leases? Curious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
If it's a native life-long Arizona car, you'll be quickly spoiled by the corrosion-free suspension and undercarriage bits. Conversely, interior bits suffer a lot in cars that sit outside in Arizona summers. Southern Arizona (Phoenix, Tucson areas) especially.

Find a local forum member to do a quick walkaround of the car with video and narrative, and gain some comfort in the cosmetic parts of the decision process. Also, Arizona cars tend not to be AWD. That's something you'll want in NY. "Winter" in Phoenix is the week when you don't need AC.

Reactions: mmmmark

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,

I'm looking into buying a used pilot between 2012 and 2015. I've been holding out for a touring but I'm wondering if it's worth it when comparing to the exl. I'm not concerned with the DVD player, but is the navigation worth it? I've heard it's not that good. Any other features between the two trims that make a difference? Thanks.
I just purchased a 2015 Touring 4wd. I haven't done much with the nav. yet, just fiddling around with it. I haven't gotten any updates, but it was showing current traffic bottlenecks and routes around them. I am the sole driver and will probably never use the dvd, but the stereo is very nice sounding!

·
Registered
126 Posts
According to the Honda website, a 2022 Pilot EX-L AWD would lease for $369/mo., for 36 months, with $4,499 down and 10K miles/year. $20 less per month if you currently own any 2012 or newer Honda. Purchase price at lease end would be about $27K.
As a comparison, that comes out to $44,783. Checking the Internet the MSRP on a 2022 EX-L AWD is $41.060 or $42,285 depending on website.

Galpin Honda or CarsDirect

·
Registered
126 Posts
If it's a native life-long Arizona car, you'll be quickly spoiled by the corrosion-free suspension and undercarriage bits. Conversely, interior bits suffer a lot in cars that sit outside in Arizona summers. Southern Arizona (Phoenix, Tucson areas) especially.

Find a local forum member to do a quick walkaround of the car with video and narrative, and gain some comfort in the cosmetic parts of the decision process. Also, Arizona cars tend not to be AWD. That's something you'll want in NY. "Winter" in Phoenix is the week when you don't need AC.
Here in the Prescott, AZ, area, AWD is very popular and most people seem to want it even though it is not really necessary, but nice to have. I should talk; my 2021 Pilot SE is AWD and my 2012 Pilot EX was 4WD. I don't off road and since moving here in 2002, we have had an average of one snowstorm a winter with 3" to 5" of snow or more. Last winter, though, we had 11" at our house and Prescott had 20+". My wife's former 2018 CR-V was FWD. The dealer said most folks look for AWD.

As dr bob said, any AZ vehicle that was kept parked outside could have things damaged by sun, but rust should not be an issue. I like the comment about the "winter" week. We're going to our friends in Sun City West for Thanksgiving dinner today and the high there is predicted to be 76 degrees.

·
Registered
10,201 Posts
As a comparison, that comes out to $44,783. Checking the Internet the MSRP on a 2022 EX-L AWD is $41.060 or $42,285 depending on website.

Galpin Honda or CarsDirect
Do you have the cash to buy the new car outright?

If not, Honda has 0% financing for up to 36 months with 10% down.
Can you handle a monthly payment of > $1K per month?

If not, Honda also has offers for 1.9% for 37-60 months or 2.9% for 61-72 months.
How much does the interest add to the MSRP?

Would you rather buy/lease a new Pilot or spend half the MSRP for a ten-year-old used Pilot with 100K miles on it that might also need a $1K+ timing belt job?

41 - 49 of 49 Posts