Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of upgrading my wheels so I would like to offer the original ones for sale to fellow members.

They are the original EX wheels with Goodyear Integrity tires. I am asking $125 for each wheel w/tire. The tires have 5K on them.

Unfortunately for me, I actually bought a full size spare from the dealer and paid much, much more. I didn't have the foresight to know that I would change the tires, but I am looking for a firmer ride. I will be going with 17" wheels and keeping the overpriced fullsize spare that I paid through the nose for...I guess just because I paid so much. But anyway, since the new setup has the same diameter and revs/mile, the original tire will work as a full size. My original plans were to encorporate the spare in the tire rotation, but not anymore, since I don't want to buy five new rims and tires. If you do use it in your rotation, you will obviously extend your tread life on the tires.

Buyer will assume shipping costs. I live in Butler, NJ 07405 if you need to calculate the cost. If you reply to this post, I will receive the email and respond.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Rim/Tire EX

Dave,
I am in! Just let me know how much to ship to Orlando, Florida. I only need 1 Rim/Tire combo.

Please email me to make arrangements.

Thanks,
Courtney

·
Registered
45 Posts
I am very interested in one

And I work in North Jersey so maybe I can pick it up and save on shipping. Let me know if one is still available.

Thanks

·
Registered
518 Posts
Please count me in. I have sent you a Private message.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
all gone...

They are all accounted for by DaveCombs, Shorpilot, and Lky007 through this thread.

Thanks.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Daveb,
What are you looking to buy ? I'm also interested in upgrading and I'm in the NJ area (actually in Hackensack), so I definitely would like to perhaps take a look at your Pilot when you get the set-up, if thats OK with you.
If you want, you can send me a PM at [email protected]
Thanks and best luck !

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
17" with 255/60/17

I will be upgrading to 17" wheels with Michelin CT 255/60/17. If you look at Michelin's site and go the the CT tire spec, you will see that the Overall Diameter and Revs/Mile are almost exactly the same as the stock 235/70/16. I wanted to go to 18" and wider, but I do a lot of winter driving to Vermont and didn't want to maintain two setups, one for winter and one for summer. This seems to be a good median. It will have an agressive look with almost 1inch extra in width.

I will take some pictures and let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Question about full size spares

Will a full sized wheel and tire fit in the same area as the compact spare in the Pilot?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Re: Question about full size spares

michaelp95 said:
Will a full sized wheel and tire fit in the same area as the compact spare in the Pilot?
Yes it will, and has been reported in other threads that visually it is difficult to impossible to differentiate between the donut and the full size spare when in place.

·
Registered
28 Posts
selling new tires/w rim pilot exl

dave i also am selling all 4 new tires with wheels. anybody interested can email me. i also posted a new tread check it out who ever is interested.. anyway i too like the michelins,ct 255/60/17 this tire is probably the best tire you can get for the money.. i highly recommend them. have you seen the momo quasar 2 rims yet.. they are killer.. momo is a italian retailer good stuff.. dave email me lets compare wheels.. brian staten island n.y.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Email Down??

Dave,

I have been trying to resond to you, but I keep getting a postmaster error.

Please let me know if you have another email I can send it to.

Thanks,
Courtney

·
Registered
483 Posts
Re: selling new tires/w rim pilot exl

brian125 said:
dave i also am selling all 4 new tires with wheels. anybody interested can email me. i also posted a new tread check it out who ever is interested.. anyway i too like the michelins,ct 255/60/17 this tire is probably the best tire you can get for the money.. i highly recommend them. have you seen the momo quasar 2 rims yet.. they are killer.. momo is a italian retailer good stuff.. dave email me lets compare wheels.. brian staten island n.y.
I just found this post and realize I'm probably too late but thought I'd check with you anyway, I'm interested in 1 that I can use as a spare if you have any left

1 - 17 of 17 Posts