Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started our 2016 Touring today and soon thereafter got all of the following messages:

Emissions System Problem

Power Steering System (EPS) Problem

Trailer Stability Assist Problem

Hill Start Assist Problem

Vehicle Stability Assist Problem

Keyless Start System Problem

I did do a search but I can't find a similar issue.

Has anybody ran into this scenario? Thanks for any insights you can provide.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Happened once. Plugged my BlueDriver in and reset. That was almost a year ago. not saying that’s your issue.

·
Registered
28 Posts
It happened to my wife's 2016 EX-L last month. She took it to the dealer and they replaced the camshaft position sensor. All is well now, so far.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey ! It happended to me 2 days ago:

I unplugged the negative on the battery and turn the car lights to on position and waited 10 minutes. I replugged the battery and everything was normal again. Today after a cold -30 the same lights came on again. I took the car for a little ride and the lights were gone after. It a weird thing my friend !

·
Registered
447 Posts
Hey ! It happended to me 2 days ago:

I unplugged the negative on the battery and turn the car lights to on position and waited 10 minutes. I replugged the battery and everything was normal again. Today after a cold -30 the same lights came on again. I took the car for a little ride and the lights were gone after. It a weird thing my friend !
I would suspect weak battery. Reserve capacity at lower minimum during extreme cold.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had this happen. dealer said it was fuel injectors and it needed to be replaced. Covered under warranty if you are still within time/miles.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Started our 2016 Touring today and soon thereafter got all of the following messages:

Emissions System Problem

Yes replied several times to others.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Even if it’s not under warranty they changed it. Honda Canada sent a note saying they have problems with the injectors with 3 gen Pilots.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
This happened twice on my 2017 EX-L. It apears to be push button start related. When you push the button, be sure and hold for at least 1 second opposed to a tap. It's never done it again.

Reactions: JGtravelor

·
Registered
2 Posts

Emissions System Problem

Every time I get a warning on my dash I always come to Piloteers for answers which always solve the problems most of which seem to be computer related malfunctions.
I had the Emissions System Warning. A solution said that when you put gas in the tank wait at least 15 seconds before removing the gas nozzle from the tank. I did it and the warning went away months ago. The warning has not returned. I had the Keyless Start system Warning. A solution said always make sure your car is in park before turning off. Hold the foot brake for 30 seconds before turning off the car. Then turn the car back on. That did not work at first so With the car off I held the start button for 30 seconds then I placed my foot on the regular brake and held for 30 seconds. I then held the start button for 30 seconds and the Keyless Start System Warning went away when the car came on. That was a week ago. It has not come back, yet. I believe most of 2016 problems are mere computer related.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Do you have an after market battery? My 17 Pilot EX-L has a Bosch. It is about 3/16 of an inch to short around the positive post causing the terminal connection to be loose. I'm not say this is your problem, but a loose terminal could cause problems. If you discover that it is loose and are unable to tighten, you can buy battery post shims or cut you box lid so the terminal will drop down over the post further. Option one would probably be best.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts