Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Fellow enthusiasts!

I'm currently shopping for a Pilot. I am set on purchasing a EX w/Leather in Evergreen Perl / Saddle. The problem is I haven't seen any at my local dealers. In fact I was told by one dealer that they haven't seen one in half a year and they believed that it is no longer manufactured in that color.

Please comment.
thanks

el_pilot

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
el_pilot said:
Hello Fellow enthusiasts!

I'm currently shopping for a Pilot. I am set on purchasing a EX w/Leather in Evergreen Perl / Saddle. The problem is I haven't seen any at my local dealers. In fact I was told by one dealer that they haven't seen one in half a year and they believed that it is no longer manufactured in that color.

Please comment.
thanks

el_pilot
dealer will b**l $hit..... I was told the same by one dealet too...I am sure if they do not have it coming they can order one for you

·
Registered
465 Posts
I thought they were discontinuing the color. Wasn't there a post a few months back about the color being discontinued?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Yep there was some indication that it was going to be discontinued. I didn't search for the location here, but it should be easy to find. BTW, I own a collectors-preferred-limited-edition Evergreen Pilot.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
go to the honda website....2003 Pilot is availble in evergreen pearl. Its probably a low selling model and dealers are not keeping it....ask a dealer to order it and they will...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I appreciate the information. I did just ask two dealer's to get me an Evergreen EX/L. One stated that they are not available and the other stated that Evergreen has been discontinued on both the Pilot and the Oddessey. I called Honda USA customer service and they stated that there have been no 'work stoppage' on the Evergeen color.

Do we have an 'Insider' at Honda that can clear this up?

thanks!
el_pilot

·
Registered
328 Posts
I've got one! :2:

I've got one! :D

I've got one! :5:

A spiffy collectors edition! Only 3000+ miles on the odometer!

A good choice, el_pilot! In fact, it's the only choice!:7:

Here's ours:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Wow. I could have a real collecter's item in my garage!!!!:2:

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have heard that Evergreen Pearl has been discontinued, I don't know if more are being made or not, but both evergreen and havasu are not going to be carried into 2004. evergreen was "replaced" by sagebrush which a lot of people on this board love. Both of these colors seem to be harder to come by than the others.

·
Registered
23 Posts
What we were told

We were told, by numerous dealers (both trusted and untrusted alike) that the Evergreen color was being discontinued around Spring of 2003. (Actually, the untrusted dealer told us it had been discontinued in October 2002. They were full of bs, and when we got the deal we wanted elsewhere we told them so.)

I think I have even seen a post on this forum verifying the fact that Evergreen and Havasu were being discontinued.
Most dealers told us that they would not just order an Evergreen unless it was requested by a customer.

Happy Hunting for your Evergreen, sorry we couldn't be more help.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am jealous! I looked in 2 states (Va and Ga) and was told repeatedly that the color is discontinued and they could not get one. Bummer>

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well this post is going to make some of you unhappy.

I happened to take a look at various dealers' inventory here in the PHX area via there respective web sites and found an evergreen ex-L at Right Honda. I did my best not to get the wife to excited which meant we would be on the road in less than half an hour to go check it out.

We arrive at the dealer and I see it on the way in. I didn't say anything to see if she noticed it. They had it right in front of the customer parking. There she was evergreen, aftermarket chrome rim's, lower body molding, fake wood grain interior. After we park and start to walk up to the dealer main building she spots it and say's 'Is that it?..(three second pause)...I don't like it. It's not green enough.' You see she want's a nice dark British racing green. I have to agree, the creamy bluish Honda green just doesn't cut it. But wanting to make sure she was sure, I said 'Well lets go ahead and give it a once over. ' Upon further exploration we made some determinations on this particular vehicle had some issues. But purly on cosmetics the lower body molding has got to go. That molding is a good way to make a perfectly good looking SUV look like a cheap plastic mistake. And that wood trim....You know my family has owned allot of cars. Every category of car, darn near every manufacturer and being a car nut I alway's check them all out. I have seen allot of fake and real wood interiors and I have to say the wood trim has got to be the worst cheesy half assed implementation of a 'luxury option' I have seen on a vehicle since the wood paneling on the PT cruiser. It is just so fake looking all I can do is shake my head and feel sad every time I think about someone having that stuff installed in there pilot and for $1000 come ON!

So to sum up the Evergreen Perl is right out. The good new's is we spent time at another dealer in town who was kind enough to show us all three leather interiors and specifically in the Gold/saddle and the Sagebrush/grey which are now the two color's were choosing from. Most likely it will be purchasing the Sagebrush.

cheers
bjl

·
Registered
328 Posts
el_pilot said:

I happened to take a look at various dealers' inventory here in the PHX area via there respective web sites and found an evergreen ex-L at Right Honda. I did my best not to get the wife to excited which meant we would be on the road in less than half an hour to go check it out.

We arrive at the dealer and I see it on the way in. I didn't say anything to see if she noticed it. They had it right in front of the customer parking. There she was evergreen, aftermarket chrome rim's, lower body molding, fake wood grain interior. After we park and start to walk up to the dealer main building she spots it and say's 'Is that it?..(three second pause)...I don't like it. It's not green enough.' You see she want's a nice dark British racing green. I have to agree, the creamy bluish Honda green just doesn't cut it. But wanting to make sure she was sure, I said 'Well lets go ahead and give it a once over. ' Upon further exploration we made some determinations on this particular vehicle had some issues. But purly on cosmetics the lower body molding has got to go. That molding is a good way to make a perfectly good looking SUV look like a cheap plastic mistake. And that wood trim....You know my family has owned allot of cars. Every category of car, darn near every manufacturer and being a car nut I alway's check them all out. I have seen allot of fake and real wood interiors and I have to say the wood trim has got to be the worst cheesy half assed implementation of a 'luxury option' I have seen on a vehicle since the wood paneling on the PT cruiser. It is just so fake looking all I can do is shake my head and feel sad every time I think about someone having that stuff installed in there pilot and for $1000 come ON!

So to sum up the Evergreen Perl is right out.
bjl
We happen to ADORE our EVERGREEN PEARL and our WOOD TRIM. We wouldn't have it any other way. The green is REALLY green and the wood trim is extremely CLASSY. We couldn't disagree with you more!

·
Registered
311 Posts
el_pilot said:

So to sum up the Evergreen Perl is right out. The good new's is we spent time at another dealer in town who was kind enough to show us all three leather interiors and specifically in the Gold/saddle and the Sagebrush/grey which are now the two color's were choosing from. Most likely it will be purchasing the Sagebrush.

cheers
bjl
So why would this make some of us unhappy. You mean people have differing tastes?? Imagine that. Sage is beautiful. Enjoy.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Where I thought that thread was going was that he saw and bought the last evergreen pearl available, not that he was going to slam it. Oh well, different strokes for different folks!

There's really only one person that needs to be happy with a particular car, and that's the buyer. I for one and glad that different people like different things. It would be boring if we call drove the same car in the same color, wouldn't it?

So whatever color you have, enjoy. It's unlikely your car is going to change colors anytime soon. Unless, of course, you happen to have the sagebrush pearl.

:2:

·
Registered
143 Posts
I love my Evergreen EX-L. Just gave it a coat of Zaino and mmmmm, it looks so sweet. Sorry el_pilot, your post did not make me "unhappy".

So does the discontinuation of the color mean we have a future collectors car?.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Evergreen Pearl is an awesome color!

I like having a color that is "rare". :2:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts