Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Evergreen in the Woods!

2K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  Spartanman 
#1 ·
Last weekend we had the opportunity to take our Pilot back into the woods in Northern Michigan. What a blast! Here's a couple shots:

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Most of the trails were two tracks. I had no problem climbing small rises and getting through sand. The ride was almost too smooth to feel like "off road"!

Attachments

#3 ·
Some areas of the trail had low woody type growth in the center. The scraping of this brush on the bottom of the Pilot took some getting used to!

Attachments

#7 ·
Overall it was very fun to drive off road. I had to fold in the mirrors a few times to fit between trees. The all wheel drive system handled the sandy spots very well. No wheel spin, and I never had to lock it in. :D

Attachments

#8 ·
Casanewt said:
Were you up in the UP or just "Northern MI"?

-Newt

Northern lower penninsula. We did the U.P. last summer in our "old" F150, and had a blast! We do look forward to getting back up there again!

#9 ·
a2Pilot said:
Overall it was very fun to drive off road. I had to fold in the mirrors a few times to fit between trees. The all wheel drive system handled the sandy spots very well. No wheel spin, and I never had to lock it in. :D
Nice ... very nice ... hard to see that Evergreen in the woods ... it blends right in ...

PrG

;)

#10 ·
The last picture you posted of your Pilot lurking in the ferns is awesome. So good that I am using it as my wallpaper on my PC @ work(with your permission - of course)!!

#12 ·
Hmmm.......could this be a budding career in photography?

You knew me when......................

Feel free to use the pics personally, but commercial use would require I get paid big bucks so I can pay off my Pilot!! :2:

#13 ·
a2--Special request

I lived in Michigan all my life, until 3 years ago. The other true driving test comes this winter.

Was wondering if you will be back to the same location this coming winter (especially after a healthy dose of lake affect snow) and could provide us some pics and a report at that time too?.

#14 ·
Re: a2--Special request

Spartanman said:
I lived in Michigan all my life, until 3 years ago. The other true driving test comes this winter.

Was wondering if you will be back to the same location this coming winter (especially after a healthy dose of lake affect snow) and could provide us some pics and a report at that time too?.

:2: No problem. I'm up there regularly. I took this set of pics on my In-laws property. 225 acre back yard with several ponds and a stream. We've got trails cut through most of it that are an absolute blast to drive, hike, mountain bike or cross country ski.

I don't drive them much in the snow since it's VERY easy to slide sideways into a tree, even at low speeds. :eek: My previous F150 could make it through most of the trails with 8 - 10 inches of snow on the ground, and little or no ice crust on top. I don't expect the Pilot will handle this much, but do plan on heading out if there's less than 5 - 6 inches of powdery stuff and no ice crust.

I passed through there again last week during a week long camping vacation that took us all over the northern LP. I'll post the story and pics later this week. I forgot to bring my compact card reader to work today.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.