Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2014 EX-L - Dark Amber Metallic
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the most obvious flaws in the used '14 Pilot I recently bought is that about half of the cup holder rubber tabs are cracked and broken. So far, the cup holders don't appear to come out and I don't see any way to replace rubber tabs short of buying a new center console...any advice?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I bought the new rubber from the dealer after the fact I found that I could’ve bought them elsewhere for much cheaper but the new one works great

·
Registered
2014 EX-L - Dark Amber Metallic
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, but how does one get the old foam rubber piece out? I see that the plastic cover on top of it has a seam, but it doesn't want to come off and I don't want to break it if it's held on by screws or something.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Just simply lift up on the plastic part with the two holes in it. It's held in on the four corners with clips.

·
Registered
2011 Honda Pilot EX-L
57 Posts
So I was looking into replacing my tabs and the crazy part is how ridiculously expensive this part is. Almost not worth replacing.

·
Registered
2011 Pilot EX 2WD
72 Posts
So I was looking into replacing my tabs and the crazy part is how ridiculously expensive this part is. Almost not worth replacing.
Not worth it. They will break again in a matter of weeks/months. I replaced and they broke again too quickly.

Save your money

·
Registered
9,383 Posts
Not worth it. They will break again in a matter of weeks/months. I replaced and they broke again too quickly.

Save your money
Ask for extra napkins. 😁

·
Registered
5 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Pilot EX 2WD
72 Posts
somebody with a 3D printer could churn these out in a longer lasting plastic format.

The aftermarket ones on eBay look just as flimsy. Maybe some good cheap am ones I am not seeing?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts