Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2021 AWD Touring
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm looking to get a Pilot (SE) and wondering what accessories to buy.
Which accessories did you get, which ones do you consider as essential, please also share where you got them.

Thanks a bunch ;)

·
Registered
813 Posts
Parking sensors are a must have if you are purchasing a Pilot without those. Also if you're into one, then a wireless charger will be a good addition if you get a Pilot without it.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,174 Posts
Parking sensors?

Essential? How Essential are Essential Oils anyway?

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,166 Posts
Depending where you live, all weather floor mats might be a nice addition. If you can find a tray or equivalent to keep items from sliding around in the cargo area that would also be useful.

Welcome to the forum.

Reactions: PHM and The Todd

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
The type of accessories depends on what your plans are for the Pilot. What I’ve done or plan to do with my Pilot drives the decisions. You will get better answers for your particular needs once you state them. Don’t be the guy that says I’ll tell you after you elect me.

·
Registered
2021 AWD Touring
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The type of accessories depends on what your plans are for the Pilot. What I’ve done or plan to do with my Pilot drives the decisions. You will get better answers for your particular needs once you state them. Don’t be the guy that says I’ll tell you after you elect me.
Thanks ... yes, agreed.
I'm also looking for what you considered essential, and bought, based on your needs. Not trying to be the "I'll tell you after" guy.
Indirectly, I'm also trying to figure out what may be essential.

·
Registered
2021 AWD Touring
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Parking sensors are a must have if you are purchasing a Pilot without those. Also if you're into one, then a wireless charger will be a good addition if you get a Pilot without it.
I was also debating this, but not sure if I should consider upgrading trim level to get it or get it as an accessory.
Any thoughts on getting bumper 3M film, clear bra (whatever we call them lol) ? Any specific kinds?

·
Registered
813 Posts
I was also debating this, but not sure if I should consider upgrading trim level to get it or get it as an accessory.
Any thoughts on getting bumper 3M film, clear bra (whatever we call them lol) ? Any specific kinds?
I think the Touring is a pretty good upgrade over the SE. It has standard parking sensors, nicer looking wheels (in my opinion), much better looking headlights, and a handsfree tailgate which actually comes in handy sometimes. I took all these reasons into conseration when I was choosing my trim for the Pilot. In my opinion the trims below the Touring look pretty boring mostly because of the headlights. The SE is more value focused while the Touring is more "luxurious".

I personally wouldn't get a clear bra because after a while the rest of the paint starts to fade while the protected paint is still fresh. I think you don't need one unless you drive behind trucks and stuff a lot. How are you going to use the Pilot? City or highway driving? How long will you keep it? Do you drive on dirt roads a lot? Do you live in a tight area?

Sorry for all the questions, we can't recommend accessories to you if you don't tell us how you use your car.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I suppose if you often do parallel parking into tight spaces, you want those sensors. Would be a total waste for me.
The accessories I got:
Roof rack - cause I need it often.
All-weather floor mats - highly useful.
Step bars - less useful now that kids had grown a bit, but back then they really helped.
Rear seat covers - again a lot less relevant as kids grew up, but they sure stopped a lot of messes from reaching the seats.
Door edge guards - far more useful in our parking lots than those sensors.
Hitch locking pin/tongue/ball
Splash guards.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I suppose if you often do parallel parking into tight spaces, you want those sensors. Would be a total waste for me.
The accessories I got:
Roof rack - cause I need it often.
All-weather floor mats - highly useful.
Step bars - less useful now that kids had grown a bit, but back then they really helped.
Rear seat covers - again a lot less relevant as kids grew up, but they sure stopped a lot of messes from reaching the seats.
Door edge guards - far more useful in our parking lots than those sensors.
Hitch locking pin/tongue/ball
Splash guards.
Do you know the point of door edge guards? I have those on my Pilot but I don't know the reason for them. Also is your paint still fine around the areas where the door edge guards have been installed? I'm worried that those door edge guards will mess up the paint underneath it.

·
Registered
2021 AWD Touring
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I took all these reasons into conseration when I was choosing my trim for the Pilot. In my opinion the trims below the Touring look pretty boring mostly because of the headlights. The SE is more value focused while the Touring is more "luxurious".
I think the Touring is a pretty good upgrade over the SE. It has standard parking sensors, nicer looking wheels (in my opinion), much better looking headlights, and a handsfree tailgate which actually comes in handy sometimes. I took all these reasons into conseration when I was choosing my trim for the Pilot. In my opinion the trims below the Touring look pretty boring mostly because of the headlights. The SE is more value focused while the Touring is more "luxurious".

I personally wouldn't get a clear bra because after a while the rest of the paint starts to fade while the protected paint is still fresh. I think you don't need one unless you drive behind trucks and stuff a lot. How are you going to use the Pilot? City or highway driving? How long will you keep it? Do you drive on dirt roads a lot? Do you live in a tight area?

Sorry for all the questions, we can't recommend accessories to you if you don't tell us how you use your car.
Thanks for your feedback. It'll be mostly city driving, but occasional highway trekking to other cities, touristy places.
I thought about a touring and decided against it since the SE offers hands free tailgate. I would miss parking sensors accessory.
I believe the touring comes with RES which is not needed, which was another reason to downgrade to SE.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Thanks for your feedback. It'll be mostly city driving, but occasional highway trekking to other cities, touristy places.
I thought about a touring and decided against it since the SE offers hands free tailgate. I would miss parking sensors accessory.
I believe the touring comes with RES which is not needed, which was another reason to downgrade to SE.
So if it's city driving, then parking sensors are a pretty good idea. I thought the same thing about the RES but that wasn't a deal breaker for me. I will say, however, that the Pilots with an RES has a normal household style outlet in the back. I doubt many dealers would have an SE with parking sensors in stock. I think you should look at them side by side. I'm not sure if you can get the parking sensors installed after the fact, but there's no harm in asking the dealer. I think it's around $500 for parking sensors.

·
Registered
2019 Pilot EX-L AWD, 265-60-18 Defender LTX M/S
640 Posts
Besides starting like trolling type post hopefuly not but I'll bite and add. Update your profile so it shows where you live when you hover over the flag. Northern snowy cities need different then southern rainy ones or west coast or forest fire areas. Kids/pets/significant others? Where are trips to? Skill level of DIY or even changing a flat tire? What do you like appearance? What do you like to do? Some can't be seen with less than 24" chrome or gold wheels and every chrome stick on accessory you can find including hood scoop and large wing on back.

Pending your city and how long you plan to keep it- nothing......nothing left in it to get stolen, nothing added to get broken off, nothing that you'll cringe at when the jackwad in the 1980 beater smashes your front and back repeatedly trying to parallel park the jalopy in front and back of you in a space they won't fit but if they hit you hard enough maybe it will move you 4-5 inches.

Mine- ceramic window tinting, weathertech floor liners, mud flaps, window vent rain guard, factory folding cargo mat, factory tow hitch/wiring, transmission cooler, roof rack, snow tires on spare rims, full size spare tire, better tires for trails/beach, skid plate, recovery gear (straps/shovel/air compressor, jack board), underbody rust protection, first aid kit, personal protection defensive/offensive, blankets, water, dog supplies, jumper cables and portable jump box, some basic tools, fire extinguisher. oh yeah and some snacks in case anyone gets hungry and plenty of dog hair because he wants to go everywhere and need to vacuum and clean windows weekly at least.

·
Registered
2019 Pilot EX-L AWD, 265-60-18 Defender LTX M/S
640 Posts
Do you know the point of door edge guards? I have those on my Pilot but I don't know the reason for them. Also is your paint still fine around the areas where the door edge guards have been installed? I'm worried that those door edge guards will mess up the paint underneath it.
To keep the paint from getting chipped at the edge where your door might contact somebody else's vehicle, wall in garage etc.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts