Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever gotten this error before? When vehicle is coming to a stop and brake pedal is close to fully depressed, the ABS activates and pulses for a moment then the ABS light comes on and stays on even though I am on dry pavement. Upon retrieving the code, I get an ABS error code of 26-1 All Wheel Sensor No Pulse and a VTM-4 code of 24-1 RR Wheel Sensor Failure. Do you think it could be something more than just a sensor replacement? Just curious before I spend $75 on a new part. Also do you think a bad ABS sensor could be causing my VTM-4 code 78-1 VTM-4 CTRL Unit Failure? Or my 77-1 Powertrain System Failure? I already have the gallon of VTM-4 fluid and will go tomorrow to pick up the differential temp sensor for $20 and replace it to give that a shot first. I'm really hoping it's not a bad control unit. Colorado native here and would really like to have 4WD for winter. TIA

2003 Honda Pilot EX-L

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
When the shop did the alignment on my Pilot last time they damaged the sensor. I found it out by taking a multimeter and measuring across the orange plug on the sensor side. It read open while the normal is 1.4 kOhm.
I also got the matching code and replaced the sensor with Rock Auto's NTK. The light went away but I did not scan for nor cleared the codes. Been fine ever since.
I cleared the codes much later when I bought the scan tool and I immediately got the VSA light and code and had to do VSA sensor neutral position reset procedure. Look for my thread on that here for details.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Has anyone ever gotten this error before? When vehicle is coming to a stop and brake pedal is close to fully depressed, the ABS activates and pulses for a moment then the ABS light comes on and stays on even though I am on dry pavement. Upon retrieving the code, I get an ABS error code of 26-1 All Wheel Sensor No Pulse and a VTM-4 code of 24-1 RR Wheel Sensor Failure. Do you think it could be something more than just a sensor replacement? Just curious before I spend $75 on a new part. Also do you think a bad ABS sensor could be causing my VTM-4 code 78-1 VTM-4 CTRL Unit Failure? Or my 77-1 Powertrain System Failure? I already have the gallon of VTM-4 fluid and will go tomorrow to pick up the differential temp sensor for $20 and replace it to give that a shot first. I'm really hoping it's not a bad control unit. Colorado native here and would really like to have 4WD for winter. TIA

2003 Honda Pilot EX-L
Keep in mind that the ABS sensor goes through the ABS Control Unit before it hits the VTM-4 control module. You might want to check the connection between the two first.
I'm a little skeptical about all the wheel sensors failing at the same time or one sensor causing an "All wheel sensor no pulse" error, but anything is possible.

I was able to buy a salvage VTM-4 control module and ABS Control Module on line for about $60 each. Unfortunately I'm still chasing an intermittent VTM-4 wheel sensor error.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where is the ABS module located on the car?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did double check to make sure the connectors are plugged in and snug. I'm leaning towards the people who did the alignment and broke it since I didn't have the issue until after that.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,197 Posts
I did double check to make sure the connectors are plugged in and snug. I'm leaning towards the people who did the alignment and broke it since I didn't have the issue until after that.
If it's like an alignment place I first went to before finding a reputable one, brace yourself for those guys' capacity for CYA denials after a job they know full well they botched.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts