Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I need help identifying a recent vibration I’m getting while driving. Hopefully, I can describe it well enough. I have a 2012 Pilot with 94K miles. This week my oil indicator came in and I have an oil change scheduled for Friday. At around the same time, I started feeling a vibration when the motor is running. It’s most noticeable at 25 or more mph. It’s a consistent (smooth, if you will) vibration while accelerating and decelerating and is constant. I can feel it through the pedals and steering wheel. I thought it had to do with the oil maintenance light coming on so I checked it and it was 2 quarts low. I topped it off but the vibration is still there. There are no knocking noises or noises when turning.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, I can hear it making a sound best described as winding up or winding down with the vehicle’s speed. It’s not loud but it’s present.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Warped rotors.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Warped rotors.
Turns out I have a bad CV axle and wheel hub on the driver’s side. I just had the brakes done so warped rotor was ruled out quickly. Now to go pay someone $700 to fix $100 worth of parts since I don’t have the tools myself.?

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Turns out I have a bad CV axle and wheel hub on the driver’s side. I just had the brakes done so warped rotor was ruled out quickly. Now to go pay someone $700 to fix $100 worth of parts since I don’t have the tools myself.?
spend the money to buy the tools they don't cost much and you will end up using them over and over again .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts