Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, so my wife and I are looking at buying a 2016 pilot elite with 38,000 miles. We like the car, looks and runs great however there is a noticeable ticking coming from the engine. You can only hear it outside the car and it goes away at about 1500 rpm in park. Hard to tell in gear when driving with all those years. After a few Google searches and forum threads it could be the direct injection or the valves. I assumed valves but ive never had a di car. Either way, is it possible for a honda to have major engine problems at 38k miles?

Sould we buy or should we pass???

·
Registered
2018 Pilot EX AWD
172 Posts
The ticking is more than likely caused because of the direct injection, basically you are hearing the injectors. My 2018 Pilot is noisier than my 2013 CRV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds good to me thank you for the feedback. The last car I owned that started ticking ended up at the junk yard lol. We have always had good luck with Honda's in the past, I think were going to pull the trigger and buy this one I was looking for some feedback and reasurance though so I do appreciate it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts