Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to do an engine swap on a 2005 Pilot EX. I pulled the engine and bought one from a wrecking yard.
The one I bought is a J35A7 out of a 2006 Odyssey . I am planning on changing the wiring harness to the 2005.
can I remove the stuff (VCM) ?

thanks for any help
from a
halphast mechanic.

·
Registered
2007 EX-L
427 Posts
The junkyard gave me an A7 also. I took it back and got an A9. I know there are differences, I just don't know what they are.

·
Registered
11,463 Posts
My recommendation would be to return the engine for an exact match. Your 05 can not support an engine equipped with VCM.

Reactions: aggrex

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,306 Posts
Too many tales of misfortune from folks not getting an engine that's an exact match. Return it.

·
Registered
11,463 Posts
I have doubts that it will even bolt to the transmission in that 05 with Variable Torque Management 4-Wheel Drive System (VTM-4) without some modifications.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Thanks for the information. The 1st one I gave me was an MDX 2005 . Bell housings didn't match. I will t as ke it back. Again.
Those engines are not fun lugging back+forth to the yard again and again. Hope you get a good one soon. This build thread will be a good read on the forum should you decide to post the story.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,306 Posts
Now that's what a truck is for.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts