Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of an engine swap. I have a 2015 Accord low mileage V-6 engine . Thinking of swapping out the 2015 for the 2006 V-6. Anyone tried this or given it any thought?

·
Registered
120 Posts
so you're pulling out the engine of 2006 Pilot and planning on putting a 2015 Accord in its place. Might as well put in a Chevy 454, it will probably be easier.

·
Registered
9,435 Posts
I love the idea. But I'm sure there would be fitment, wire harness and computer issues, unless your into modifications and hacking Honda technology.
What's wrong with the engine you have? The engine blocks are very bullet proof, unless it was abused some how.

·
Premium Member
4,305 Posts
Not sure if the Accord has VCM, but your Pilot does. You're gonna have ECU problems as well as wire harness problems as stated above because of the VCM.

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L
314 Posts
Biggest differences between the two are the Heads if both are J35's. So if you simply swapped blocks, the computer likely wouldn't be the wiser. Messing with the head means messing with the tune, and you can't simply drop the computer from your Accord into the Pilot. Unfortunately with immobilizer systems and everything else, easy ECU swaps are a thing of the past. Like my old Accord and Preludes with the same motor (F22A1), could get a 10hp or so increase in power simply by swapping the ECU from the Prelude into the Accord.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts