Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys...im new here.might be a stupid question but i have a 2011 honda pilot and.the timing belt broke and the engine completely got damaged.honda dealer wanted 8000 dollars to rebuild the heads and that is out of my budget.i was wondering if i wanna purchase a used engine would i have to stick with a 2011? or can i get any year from 09-14.any help would be great.im looking at some engines for sale and i find plenty that are 12-14 honda pilot.thanks

·
Registered
Glorificatus Oleum Mutante
12,320 Posts
hi guys...im new here.might be a stupid question but i have a 2011 honda pilot and.the timing belt broke and the engine completely got damaged.honda dealer wanted 8000 dollars to rebuild the heads and that is out of my budget.i was wondering if i wanna purchase a used engine would i have to stick with a 2011? or can i get any year from 09-14.any help would be great.im looking at some engines for sale and i find plenty that are 12-14 honda pilot.thanks
Stick with your models year range (generation) and if it's a 2 Wheel or All Wheel Drive. This insures your transmission bolts up correctly and your wiring harness is not left with any open connections. The 6th # in your VIN# needs to match the donor vehicles 6th # (within your generation), is another thing you can check besides the number stamped on the block.

Reactions: Daltongang

·
Registered
Glorificatus Oleum Mutante
12,320 Posts
It's extra work. I wouldn't. There are plenty of exact match engines out there.

Reactions: Daltongang
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.