Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I just picked up a 2010 Pilot with a busted engine. I managed to get a good low mileage salvaged engine J35Z4, only issue was that it came from a AWD model and my pilot is a FWD model. As far as I know the blocks should be essentially be the same and I should be able to slap my old transmission and wire harness and be good to go. I was just curious about everyone's input if I might come across any issues. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
The intake is different IIRC. One has a butterfly vavle, the other does not. You should be able to reuse your intake.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The intake is different IIRC. One has a butterfly vavle, the other does not. You should be able to reuse your intake.
Quick question, do you mean the throttle body? intake manifold? or intake box? I'm looking at the throttle bodies and they look the same. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
the butterfly valve is in the intake body. the TB is the same.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi guys just wanted to give an update, I just finished my engine swap, so going with what the previous poster said, I did use my old intake manifold, however the two did look the same, but I switched just to be sure. Aside from that I found no difference between using an engine coming from an AWD and using it on a FWD transmission and wire harness. Started up with no problems and no check engine lights.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts