1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  • 2015 Touring - FWD
  • Just bought it used - 56K miles
  • Has not been running the VCM Muzzler, but I have it on order
When accelerating from a stop on the high ends of 1st and 2nd gear, usually around 2K-3K RPM, I get engine shudder/roughness that I feel via the gas pedal. It stops when I let off the gas and I do not feel it when I rev the engine in neutral. I also don't feel it that much when I get on the gas and rev it up to higher RPMs. It's also intermittent (go figure).

I have noticed shaking when braking and I plan to replace rotors here soon, but I seriously doubt the rotors could be doing this at such low speeds.

1. My first thoughts go to spark plugs - esp. since this has been running for 56K with the VCM enabled. I had a similar issue on my Jeep Compass when the spark plugs were going where I would get hesitation/shudder, but... I am not getting hesitation (yet) with the Pilot.
  2. Next I am thinking engine mounts... but you'd think I would get MORE shudder during higher RPMs. But I don't want to rule it out.
Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Administrator
15,413 Posts
Spark plugs are usually replaced just over 100k miles.
Could it be tire balance? Any accident history?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Spark plugs are usually replaced just over 100k miles.
Could it be tire balance? Any accident history?
Yeah, but I figured with the VCM problems, maybe the plugs' life could have been reduced. Not really sure how badly the VCM affects the 2015 like it did the earlier models.

AutoCheck report checked out before I bought it. But after getting it home and looking at it... there is evidence of something that happened and possibly wasn't reported. Front right quarter panel and rocker panel trim have definitely been worked on. Front right wheel well splash guard has missing tabs (so it was certainly removed). Windshield washer reservoir had a crack in the bottom. Front bumper has definitely been tampered with on the front right of the vehicle. So something happened to the front right of the car. I don't see any evidence of major damage inside the engine bay though... the windshield washer reservoir crack had me worried... like a major impact happened. But upon inspection, the crack was small and along the seam of the reservoir... I figured it was just a faulty piece of plastic. I just glued it up and stuck it back in.

I would suspect the wheels more if I felt the vibration at highway speeds regardless of acceleration, but I don't. Smooth as silk.

It's leaning towards a drivetrain issue the more I think about it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts