Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Pilot 2005, I just blew my engine and I found at the junkyard a 2008 engine. Is it the same size and would it fit well? ECM would recognize it as the same?

Thanks a lot

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,303 Posts
Doubt it's a bolt in job. Better to find a 2005 engine. Save yourself some doubt and grief. Here are some tips.

·
Registered
9,519 Posts
I have a Pilot 2005, I just blew my engine and I found at the junkyard a 2008 engine. Is it the same size and would it fit well? ECM would recognize it as the same?

Thanks a lot
All Pilots have a 3.5 V6, but not all the same. Some have differences between 2wd and 4wd. Big differences between generations. This is a very difficult job. It's best to find the engine code and find an exact match to not have problems.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Having been through the same situation recently, I would reccomend you find an 05 engine. I currently have an 06 engine in my 05, and yes it will work but the bellhousing WILL NOT bolt directly to the 06 and newer block...if your feeling ambitious I can walk you through how to get it to work, but if you want to save yourself some trouble....find an 05 engine

·
Registered
14 Posts
And make sure if your looking at an 06-09 engine its from a 4wd ( non vcm ) i cant say for sure if the 06 trans will work with your existing wiring harness, but that would save you some swearing if you got the 06up engine with the 06up transmission...im sure if your sourcing these from a junkyard you could cut the wiring harness and splice it to the 05. It all really just depends on how far your willing to go to save a buck, or are having a hard time inding an 05 engine

1 - 5 of 5 Posts