Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Pilot 2012 EX
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning to all, how do you know if an engine mount is bad 2012 pilot ex J35Z4 front and rear ,how do they work
i can touch them on the top and they are soft i know my side mount timing belt,side is bad, but how do you diagnose the front and rear mounts they also had a sensor going to them any help is apreciated thanks ill try to send photos

·
Registered
11,325 Posts
Good morning to all, how do you know if an engine mount is bad 2012 pilot ex J35Z4 front and rear ,how do they work
i can touch them on the top and they are soft i know my side mount timing belt,side is bad, but how do you diagnose the front and rear mounts they also had a sensor going to them any help is apreciated thanks ill try to send photos
It is important to inspect visually. Are they leaking fluid. Is the rubber ripped or torn?
You can also test them. Engine running, with your left foot on the brake firmly (do not release), Shift into drive and slowly increase the rpms with your right foot. Do you hear a knock, knock, knock,.....? is the engine lifting up out of its normal position excessively? (need a friend or a video camera) The same can be done in reverse. If you have a side mount broke, it is likely to have the rear one go bad too.

·
Registered
Pilot 2012 EX
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
they are not leaking fluid,the rubber is not ripped or torn, but they are soft i can touch them and is like a ballon with no air,i dont hear knocks, t

·
Registered
11,325 Posts
The liquid filled mounts appear not to be leaking fluid. Have you done the test?

·
Registered
Pilot 2012 EX
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
yes sir i done the test reverse and drive no knocks and the engine moves the normal just the side mount timing belt side , the rubber is torn thank you sir .... ill talk to you latter i am going to do an intake valve replacement due to 4 or more bent valves part number 14711-RYE-A00 I ORDER THE 12 VALVES JUST WAITING TO SEE IF EXHAUST VALVES ARE NOT BENT THEY ARE EXPENSIVE THANKS AGAIN.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts