Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2013 Honda Pilot 2 weeks ago and the engine light came on I took it to Auto Zone they said it was the Oil pressure sensor I called the dealer they said it was not a big deal it was on for 2 days now today the light turned off & Iam suppose to bring the car in the shop tomorrow Monday. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
645 Posts
Check your oil level just to rule that out. The light will come back on eventually. Do yourself a favor and avoid the dealership. They'll rip you off.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Good point what was codes that you have showing?

·
Registered
603 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Check your oil level just to rule that out. The light will come back on eventually. Do yourself a favor and avoid the dealership. They'll rip you off.
BUT . . . Because my 2016 Honda Pilot had a STATED "defective part with proper installation", my dealer is making me pay a $1500 repair bill because, long story short, . . . I don't get my service done at THAT Honda dealership and I am therefore not a loyal customer. Read between the lines . . . did not invest in their repair service. So, sad to say, make sure if you have any repairs, maintenance etc, go to a certified Honda repair shop and preferably the one you bought from. According to the general manager, "he would have had more leverage with the American Honda corp if I used their services"!!! I have owned a new Honda Fit, Element, and new 2016 Pilot. I will NEVER own another Honda again. Going to Toyota and Subaru tomorrow to trade in a car I can't trust, nor the dealership - Denny Menholz Honda, Rapid City, SD. Good Luck! And if anyone own a 206-19 Honda Pilot, check out TSB 18-025 version 2 and bring it in before your 3/30K warranty is up, or you will experience this repair/headache in the future. Also applies to 2018-19 Odysseys and 2017-19 Ridgelines.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
BUT . . . Because my 2016 Honda Pilot had a STATED "defective part with proper installation", my dealer is making me pay a $1500 repair bill because, long story short, . . . I don't get my service done at THAT Honda dealership and I am therefore not a loyal customer. Read between the lines . . . did not invest in their repair service. So, sad to say, make sure if you have any repairs, maintenance etc, go to a certified Honda repair shop and preferably the one you bought from. According to the general manager, "he would have had more leverage with the American Honda corp if I used their services"!!! I have owned a new Honda Fit, Element, and new 2016 Pilot. I will NEVER own another Honda again. Going to Toyota and Subaru tomorrow to trade in a car I can't trust, nor the dealership - Denny Menholz Honda, Rapid City, SD. Good Luck! And if anyone own a 206-19 Honda Pilot, check out TSB 18-025 version 2 and bring it in before your 3/30K warranty is up, or you will experience this repair/headache in the future. Also applies to 2018-19 Odysseys and 2017-19 Ridgelines.
And you could not fix this yourself ? since you already know what the issue is and where is the part located ?
How many miles on your Pilot ? 2016 ? sounds like you have had the pilot for a while ..you only had an issue about a $1500 bill? If the part was replaced by another shop there should be a warranty involved here This happens when parts are bought that are aftermarket they are not always made with the same grade as the Oem ones are.

3 /30k warranty ? you bought this pilot used …

·
Registered
12 Posts
And you could not fix this yourself ? since you already know what the issue is and where is the part located ?
How many miles on your Pilot ? 2016 ? sounds like you have had the pilot for a while ..you only had an issue about a $1500 bill? If the part was replaced by another shop there should be a warranty involved here This happens when parts are bought that are aftermarket they are not always made with the same grade as the Oem ones are.

3 /30k warranty ? you bought this pilot used …
I bought my 2016 Honda Pilot new. It currently has 65K on it. in 2016 Honda started making a many of their own parts. The fuel injectors were defectively manufactured ( pieces coming off and clogging the fuel lines, extra carbon build up) and improperly installed. Honda America is covering these replacements under warranty 3yr/30K. My basic question is, at any mileage, why am I paying for a part/problem due to Honda negligence. I will also have to perform lifetime extra maintenance because of this issue, even after new injector has been replaced. fuel air induction service every 20K and fuel and oil additive every 6K. Also, this is not a recall. Lucky for those who had their engines suddenly stopon them under 30K. those of of not so lucky, who take meticulous care of our cars, are not taken care of.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
I bought my 2016 Honda Pilot new. It currently has 65K on it. in 2016 Honda started making a many of their own parts. The fuel injectors were defectively manufactured ( pieces coming off and clogging the fuel lines, extra carbon build up) and improperly installed. Honda America is covering these replacements under warranty 3yr/30K. My basic question is, at any mileage, why am I paying for a part/problem due to Honda negligence. I will also have to perform lifetime extra maintenance because of this issue, even after new injector has been replaced. fuel air induction service every 20K and fuel and oil additive every 6K. Also, this is not a recall. Lucky for those who had their engines suddenly stopon them under 30K. those of of not so lucky, who take meticulous care of our cars, are not taken care of.
Your absolutely correct in this ..you should not have to pay for a part in labor or anything else if there is a TSB on it . Also if you purchased new you should have had more than a 30k warranty that is always offered to second hand owners. good luck on this :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts