Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 Honda Pilot Touring. I have had a few computer related problems. Especially the Engine Idle stop system.

it started in January 2021. Upon stopping at a red light the EIS system turned the engine off. After the light turned green and the engine started back up but multiple warning lights came on and a warning bell sounded. The warning lights were the Traction control light, the lane departure mitigation light and a few others.

I took it to the dealership and they found no codes but eventually replaced the front camera.
The problem However continued so I contacted Honda Canada. They didn’t admit to a problem with the EIS system so I immediately asked for a supervisor. She initially had the same attitude but told her that the EIS system was the biggest complaint for Honda’s online.
I continued working with my dealership Kanata Honda in Ottawa Ontario Canada and the Supervisor Mary from Honda Canada.

Finally I figured that maybe reinstalling the vehicle software could possibly cure all these problems. First rule in electronics is turn off and unplug then restart. So I made an appointment and had this done.

It’s been a week and the problems have disappeared. No problems with the EIS. My transmission shifts better. The engine runs better.
MY RECOMMENDATION. If you have a problem with a computer controlled system the VERY FIRST thing you should do is have the software reinstalled!!
I will update occasionally regarding this subject.
I would definitely buy another Honda Pilot.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
I have a 2017 Honda Pilot Touring. I have had a few computer related problems. Especially the Engine Idle stop system.

it started in January 2021. Upon stopping at a red light the EIS system turned the engine off. After the light turned green and the engine started back up but multiple warning lights came on and a warning bell sounded. The warning lights were the Traction control light, the lane departure mitigation light and a few others.

I took it to the dealership and they found no codes but eventually replaced the front camera.
The problem However continued so I contacted Honda Canada. They didn’t admit to a problem with the EIS system so I immediately asked for a supervisor. She initially had the same attitude but told her that the EIS system was the biggest complaint for Honda’s online.
I continued working with my dealership Kanata Honda in Ottawa Ontario Canada and the Supervisor Mary from Honda Canada.

Finally I figured that maybe reinstalling the vehicle software could possibly cure all these problems. First rule in electronics is turn off and unplug then restart. So I made an appointment and had this done.

It’s been a week and the problems have disappeared. No problems with the EIS. My transmission shifts better. The engine runs better.
MY RECOMMENDATION. If you have a problem with a computer controlled system the VERY FIRST thing you should do is have the software reinstalled!!
I will update occasionally regarding this subject.
I would definitely buy another Honda Pilot.
Thanks for posting your experience. It makes sense to me. Often, the simplest way to solve software glitches is to just reinstall the program. Bits and pieces sometimes get corrupted and a reinstall is sometimes the best way to set things back to normal. I have reinstalled Windows more times than I'd like to remember, but it solved a lot of problems that hours of troubleshooting failed to fix. But a clean bare metal install did.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts