Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there an engine guard on the pilot?

When I looked under my pilot there was none!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
On most of my other vehicles one had to remove what they called a guard before I could access the oil filter and the oil plug etc.

The guard would keep debris and water from splashing up into the engine cavity.

I had the full tow package installed by the dealer svc dept and am wondering if they did not replace mine?

Thanks in advance for sharing your insights.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Diesel-Lover said:
On most of my other vehicles one had to remove what they called a guard before I could access the oil filter and the oil plug etc.

I had the full tow package installed by the dealer svc dept and am wondering if they did not replace mine?

There is a spash sheil, it ios plastic and attaches to teh bottom of the bumber but does not go all the way under the engine

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Diesel-Lover said:

There is a spash sheild, it is plastic and attaches to the bottom of the bumber but does not go all the way under the engine

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
N_Jay,

So the oil change bolt is just open to the bottom then, on mine it is. The oil filter is partially obstructed by a black plastic piece with a hole at a corner but not attached to the bottom of the vehicle.

Does that sound like what should be there?

One more interesting thing was that the oil pan bottom is also open to the elements. When I touched it, white dust flaked off, I assume it was aluminum oxide.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Diesel-Lover said:
N_Jay,

So the oil change bolt is just open to the bottom then, on mine it is. The oil filter is partially obstructed by a black plastic piece with a hole at a corner but not attached to the bottom of the vehicle.

Does that sound like what should be there?

One more interesting thing was that the oil pan bottom is also open to the elements. When I touched it, white dust flaked off, I assume it was aluminum oxide.
Sounds about right.

I would guess dried road salt film but anything is posible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts