Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP!
I have a 2016 Pilot, while driving down the road I heard a big noise and my car completely shut down. I was able to coast to the side of the road and park the car. I had to have it towed to the dealership the next day. (Monday). They are insinuating that their was no oil in the car and my engine seized. The service manager states that their was oil on the cap which he thinks I tried to dump oil in it after it seized. They are refusing to assist me and is saying it is my problem and expense. They want 14000 + for a new engine and 7500 for a used engine. I called American Honda and requesting a full investigation. This is such a typical response from this dealership. Oh may I add I used to work for them and I have owned over 15 Hondas over the years.
They haven't even dropped the oil pan to investigate what is wrong with my engine. They expect people just to fork over the dollars or buy a new vehicle instead of customer service and service recovery. Wish me luck!

·
Registered
883 Posts
How long have you had this car? Bought new or used and when? Miles on the car? Any maintenance records showing oil changes and how often? When was the last oil change and by who?

Honda power train warranty should be 5 years/60000 miles, are you within that range?

·
Registered
Traded Pilot for Highlander
265 Posts
How often were you checking the oil?

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
Wow this is crazy. If the oil level wasn't low enough for a low pressure light to come on it shouldn't have seized up, maybe done damage and sounded poorly.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
21 Posts
How often were you checking the oil?
Never heard this one before
HELP!
I have a 2016 Pilot, while driving down the road I heard a big noise and my car completely shut down. I was able to coast to the side of the road and park the car. I had to have it towed to the dealership the next day. (Monday). They are insinuating that their was no oil in the car and my engine seized. The service manager states that their was oil on the cap which he thinks I tried to dump oil in it after it seized. They are refusing to assist me and is saying it is my problem and expense. They want 14000 + for a new engine and 7500 for a used engine. I called American Honda and requesting a full investigation. This is such a typical response from this dealership. Oh may I add I used to work for them and I have owned over 15 Hondas over the years.
They haven't even dropped the oil pan to investigate what is wrong with my engine. They expect people just to fork over the dollars or buy a new vehicle instead of customer service and service recovery. Wish me luck!
In your other post in reply to an owner of a 2004 whose engine seized, you wrote 2 days ago that you had your oil changed a week ago. Why have you since edited that post to delete that fact? If you had the oil changed so recently, and there was catastrophic engine failure a week thereafter because of lack of oil, I would be investigating what that shop did. Did you check the oil level after the change? Bottom line is that if it had oil in it a week ago, the oil had to go some place so there has to be evidence of a massive dump while you were driving it or a leak where you were previously parking it. Good luck.

·
Registered
144 Posts
In your other post in reply to an owner of a 2004 whose engine seized, you wrote 2 days ago that you had your oil changed a week ago. Why have you since edited that post to delete that fact? If you had the oil changed so recently, and there was catastrophic engine failure a week thereafter because of lack of oil, I would be investigating what that shop did. Did you check the oil level after the change? Bottom line is that if it had oil in it a week ago, the oil had to go some place so there has to be evidence of a massive dump while you were driving it or a leak where you were previously parking it. Good luck.
Oh yeah, that must be why my driveway had a 20 foot oil slick in it

Reminds me of my sister in law when she was in college. I said Hey did you know your oil light is on? Oh is that what that is? It's been on a couple months but I never knew what it was for. D'oh

1 - 10 of 10 Posts