Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how the engine block heater works?? Is it worth the accessory on the Pilot?? Thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
The engine block heater bolts to the side of your engine to keep your engine block will stay warm for easier starting, faster warm-ups, less fuel waste, and less battery drain. It also reduces engine wear as oil flows easier when warm . Just connect the heater to a grounded extension cord and plug in to any 110-volt power source.
Ex: The 600W heaters will give you about 80 of temperature rise if the heater is plugged in overnight. Yup, that means an 80°F engine on a 0°F morning!

Is it worth the accessory on the Pilot??
I don't need an engine block heater in California. I think the fellow Canadian Piloteers can give you the valuable answers.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
While they're not standard feature on Canadian models, block heaters are added almost automatically by all dealers on all cars sold in Canada. May be it's different with dealers around Vancouver, but it's pretty much a given that a car in Canada will have it.

Seeing as how you're in the windy city, RikiShah, where I know it can get as cold if not colder sometimes than where I'm at, I'd definitely get one for your Pilot. I think this is one of the few options that provides greater return for the car than the money spent to get it.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys....yep yep i live in the windy city. I guess I should have one installed. How much do they go for? Are they fairly cheap or expensive?? Thank U

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Go price it over on honda.com. If it's not offered on the website, then ask around the dealers nearby you and see who's the cheapest one, when installation is included. Come on, do we have to do everything for you? :2:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just want to know what everyone else is payin for it. haha

·
Registered
231 Posts
rickishah

i too would like to know more about the heater. can find it for about $33 but would like to see a picture and view installation instructions, etc.
and what do dealers charge to install? also, is this an interior or exterior accessory?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you go to www.hondacuraworld.com, they have directions to install it on there. Um..also it's an exterior accessory to what i believe. It attaches to the engine I think and there is a wire that comes out of it on the bottom or close to the bottom of the car. That is where you can take and extension wire and pluf it into you garage outlet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts