Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does Honda offer any kind of discount to particpating companies? MetLife, Chase, IBM, etc?

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
brooklynpilot said:
Does Honda offer any kind of discount to particpating companies? MetLife, Chase, IBM, etc?
My guess is the only company they will give an employee discount to is Honda!! :D

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmm....not sure....

a friend of mine picked up an Infiniti G35 sedan at dealer invoice....was wondering if anyone had any experience with this kind of discount.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discount

Nissan/Infiniti has always been pretty good about offering discount to employees of companies that they do business with.

I've worked at a couple of different companies that were suppliers to Nissan, and the internal deal started at a few points under invoice. By the time they were done with 'local advertising fees' and such you were right around invoice which was a good deal for no dickering...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discount programs

I used to work for a GM subsidiary and my current employer does business with the big 3.

At GM, we could (essentially) get a car at the real invoice price for the base vehicle, and factory options and packages at 20% off retail (close to invoice). Didn't apply to 'Vettes. Not bad, but sometimes no better than you could do yourself on a lower-demand car, because we usually didn't get incentives on top (rebates, low financing).

Now I can get "partner" pricing, which is pretty close to, and sometimes better than the consumer (not real) invoice price. It's real invoice+4% with GM and Ford, public invoice-1% with D-C and you can still use factory incentives.

Some partner programs allow you to buy for others, some require it's titled to the partner employee.

Don't know about Honda, but doubt these programs would apply to anyones highest demand cars.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
I work for General Dynamics and one of the products we produce and sell is the Gulfstream GIV-SP jet. I guess I could use a 10% employee discount on $24,000,000.00 !!! :D

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
My cousin works for Honda dealer here in Northern CA, and he is able to get the pilot at $1000 above invoice. That price was available to family and friends as well. Dealer said that I would be able to get my Pilot EX-L with Nav with the discount through my cousin.....However.......although initially, the dealer said that it would be $33.7K out the door. Of course, although they kept their word with the discount, they made up for it through dealer add on options; they added about $8k of dealer installed option to the car. I was able to get my pilot with their asking price of $42.3k for $35.8k....which still came out to $39k tax & reg. It still a good deal for a Pilot with almost every imaginable dealer options installed, except for the rear view camera and the trailer hitch.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
vincent_esq, did you want all the add ons?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I wanted some of the add-ons. I did not want the crossbars, the chrome mirrors, the fog lights, was debating about the wood steering wheel. As to the other add-ons, my cousin could have bought it for me at a 20% discount and installed it for me for free. I do legal services for him (ie. estate planning and such) and he does this for me for free. I would have saved probably another $2k or so. Oh well, it is nice having it install by the dealer so that the warranty is there.
The first day we picked it up, everytime we made a turn, the horn would go on. We took it to the dealer and they found that in the installation of the wood steering wheel, the horn ring was improperly installed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts