Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2016 pilot with 58k miles just last week while driving had emissions system problem light go on and the car was basically sputtering. It would only switch gears to accelerate when the pedal was pushed all the way down and when the gears shifted it was a hard jerk forward. Had towed to dealer who say they cannot replicate and just reset the sensors. This does not seem right to me at all. They called it an intermittent mechanical issue. I feel like maybe they are so close to warranty expiry that they are just pushing me out and hoping next time it’s over 60k. Has anyone else had this experience or light come on? With as poor as this car was driving I cannot believe they couldn’t replicate it.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Sounds like whatever error the car registered put the engine into limp mode with reduced power. Once the code was cleared the car drove normally again.

Did they at least tell you what the fault code was? May be on the paperwork they gave you. The code will aid the gurus on here in helping troubleshoot.

·
Registered
2016 EXL AWD Nav with sensing , 2008 Corolla SE
868 Posts
A lot of owners are experiencing injector issues around this mileage. If yours are dirty or faulty, the codes will come back. Don't let your warranty expire if you have this issue as it is a $1200 repair

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
My experience is that if the issues are legitimate, it will come back after the reset. Mine came up in the first or second year of ownership and luckily was covered under warranty with no issues. The dealer reset it and it came back a week later and that was when they ordered the rails and injectors. About two three weeks later replaced them and all is well since. I believe the code was P0430, and other Pilot owners replaced the cat without success. I would insist the dealer to look into that, or at least put it in writing so that when it comes back outside the warranty period you can ask them to fix it for free, hopefully.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like whatever error the car registered put the engine into limp mode with reduced power. Once the code was cleared the car drove normally again.

Did they at least tell you what the fault code was? May be on the paperwork they gave you. The code will aid the gurus on here in helping troubleshoot.
Thank you. I just picked up today and my invoice says DTC P2652 set rocket arm pressure switch b stuck - does that help at all?

·
Registered
439 Posts
Looks like others have had the same issue.

Some appear to have fixed it by replacing a simple oil pressure sensor. Also, if it comes back, see if dealer will do the work under the federal emissions warranty (goes further than powertrain warranty).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks like others have had the same issue.

Some appear to have fixed it by replacing a simple oil pressure sensor. Also, if it comes back, see if dealer will do the work under the federal emissions warranty (goes further than powertrain warranty).
Great thank you. I’ll read through these hopefully nothing happens. I think I’m just overly annoyed that they keep saying they cannot replicate any of the issues

1 - 7 of 7 Posts