Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
141 - 160 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
11,776 Posts
What cleaner do you recommend?
CRC Electronic Cleaner or MAF Cleaner.
Remove the MAF.
Spray a few short bursts directly into the electrodes.
Let dry thoroughly.
Reinstall.

Reactions: Hondamon

·
Registered
2016 EXL AWD Nav with sensing , 2008 Corolla SE
869 Posts
Pretty sure I have seen that CRC cleaner up here. I will pick up some tomorrow and clean the MAF sensor. Thanks for the tips.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Ok so I cleaned the MAF sensor with CRC Sensor Cleaner and took it for a drive. Fuel trims are still about the same with bank1 pretty close to 0% and bank2 running -8% but no codes so far. Hoping that I don't have to replace the injectors yet but we will see how it goes. If I have to go that way, I will be replacing them myself and I may go with the aftermarket injectors.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am new to here, sharing some info to you from dealership today:

I was struggle to pay $1,100 due to common emission issue on 2016 Honda pilot, the issue is with me over 1 year.
This morning I got code came back so decided to fix and pay(searched all forums), but was surprised that Honda covers it based on extended warranty.
Here is info: (with code P430 and P219B)
1255G2, Warranty extension, Service Bulletin 20-100
American Honda is extending the warranty on these repairs to 10 years from the original date of purchase or 150,000
miles, whichever comes first.

Bring your pilot to dealership for replacing fuel injectors for free.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Bring your pilot to dealership for replacing fuel injectors for free.
Definately do this if you have the Emissions System Warning.
I just had mine replaced and Honda covered the total cost. Unfortunately at this point it only covers the 2016 model year though.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Today, Honda extended the warranty for the fuel injectors to 10 years or 150,000 miles for 2017-2019 Pilots.
I suppose that makes it official for those of us that have had our injectors replaced already: it almost certainly will happen again. The only question is how long will it take?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Great news! We had the emissions system error come on recently and the the dealer said injector replacement was on us since we were out of the 3 year 36000 mile warranty. They did a software update and cleared the codes for free but this is awesome news if it comes back. We already had them replaced once.

·
Registered
11,776 Posts
Today, Honda extended the warranty for the fuel injectors to 10 years or 150,000 miles for 2017-2019 Pilots.
Doesn't do me much good having a rebuilt title. I disabled my VCM at 19k. Anyone want to bet that I'll never need injectors?

·
Registered
473 Posts
Doesn't do me much good having a rebuilt title. I disabled my VCM at 19k. Anyone want to bet that I'll never need injectors?
I still think it is a carbon buildup issue and is not VCM related. I hope it is a VCM related problem, since that would make for an easy cure, but I can't see the link.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Also noteworthy that 2018+ 5th Gen Odysseys with the same direct inject J35 engine are also having injector replacements. Warranty extension to cover it came out today as well: 10 yr/150k. Sucks but at least Honda is finally admitting the problem and not making owners pay for it.

·
Registered
Traded Pilot for Highlander
265 Posts
I hope none of us have to replace them regardless of the VCM being disabled. This definitely gave me a sigh of relief when I read it though. What disabling device do you have and how much did it cost?

·
Registered
265 Posts
This is great news! It definitely gave me a sigh of relief when I read it. I'm still hoping that I won't have to replace mine.

·
Registered
38 Posts
This is great news! It definitely gave me a sigh of relief when I read it. I'm still hoping that I won't have to replace mine.
And why not 2016’s ? Sorry if I missed a thread. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
265 Posts
And why not 2016’s ? Sorry if I missed a thread. Thanks

2016 already come out a month ago or a bit longer with their own TSB.

·
Registered
38 Posts
2016 already come out a month ago or a bit longer with their own TSB.
Thank you very much.

·
Registered
11,776 Posts
I hope none of us have to replace them regardless of the VCM being disabled. This definitely gave me a sigh of relief when I read it though. What disabling device do you have and how much did it cost?
I use S-VCM. $95

141 - 160 of 178 Posts