Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

81 - 83 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I own a 16 EX-L AWD Pilot that has 47K miles on it. Take in to Honda for every service when it’s due and today I’m driving down the interstate during rush hour and my “Emissions Problems” light comes on and almost immediately the car is jerking hard as it shifts gears and will not excelerate to keep up with traffic. I called Honda service and they advised me to bring it straight to them if I could safely get there before they closed. Somehow I managed to get there and was advised that even with my 3K extra extended warranty I will be required to pay their $130 diagnosis fee. I had previously had them run diagnosis bc the car was hard shifting and sluggish but there were no warning lights and I was advised that there was no issue and it could have just been that since it was hot out the ac running could have been the cause. Since this is a known issue I’ll be fighting that diagnosis fee and def shouldn’t be my extended warranty companies responsibility if Honda has a defect in the 2016 pilots...
Look up Service Bulletin 18-010, February 8, 2018. “Flickering lights, multiple indicators coming on, jerky steering and or voltage related fluctuations”... “Possible cause: the B+ sensing screw on the alternator is not torqued properly”

·
Registered
1 Posts
Look up Service Bulletin 18-010, February 8, 2018. “Flickering lights, multiple indicators coming on, jerky steering and or voltage related fluctuations”... “Possible cause: the B+ sensing screw on the alternator is not torqued properly”
So I had the same message a few days ago along with AWD system failure! I was like what the hell! The same day I was sitting waiting for my grocery’s right be brought out. Tried to restart the car and battery was dead! I was like omg! Covid! Dead battery! Emission system and AWD message in the same day. Replaced battery and NO more messages! So check your battery out.

·
Registered
987 Posts
What model year is your Pilot? I believe mine (2016) is going to be near the battery time although it only has 67,000 km on. My older (2006) Pilot’s battery needed a new one at five year mark.

81 - 83 of 83 Posts