Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
They don’t listen to me!Beside that other codes came on too!
Dealership has it as I writing this!They are guided by A Honda!Waiting for the phone call to hear what they found this time!
One thing for sure if it’s not ultimately fixed I will be filing a petition for a full refund!
All this crap already in the service book and the carfax history which is degrading the value of this car!
I’ll post up what happened!
The problem you and me have with knock sensor is unique, they had a hard time finding the problem. The service manager stated they had to call Honda Corp. to diagnose it. He said there were a few 2019 with this problem and the fix was changing the whole wiring hardness and knock sensor. I even posted about this on this forum. My problem started at 1000 and I'm on 5000k now without a problem coming back. Tell them about wiring harness, In addiction, I filed a lemon law because the car was In dealership 3 times for same problem. Hopefully I get my money back and will buy a Toyota which is much more reliable.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The problem you and me have with knock sensor is unique, they had a hard time finding the problem. The service manager stated they had to call Honda Corp. to diagnose it. He said there were a few 2019 with this problem and the fix was changing the whole wiring hardness and knock sensor. I even posted about this on this forum. My problem started at 1000 and I'm on 5000k now without a problem coming back. Tell them about wiring harness, In addiction, I filed a lemon law because the car was In dealership 3 times for same problem. Hopefully I get my money back and will buy a Toyota which is much more reliable.
Yes finally they got to the point they changing the harness!I taking them more than than a day so far bc he said it required to pull a lot of parts off!I told the A Honda rep I also not happy about the fact our new car is not so new bc it’s been already ripped apart!He said we might still get a new car but I don’t trust him!
Thank you for the response!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Great information if you have injector related problems!Eye opening from 8 minutes to like 11
also talks about solutions!

·
Registered
115 Posts
My god, I cant believe you trust dealers on what's wrong with the car. Please go either buy a OBD2 reader or borrow one, read your codes, then take it to the dealer. I had the notorious emissions system error it turned out to be a faulty $30 pil pressure sensor, which I replaced myself.
I would probably be willing to the fuel injectors myself too, but that's a whole nother topic.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My god, I cant believe you trust dealers on what's wrong with the car. Please go either buy a OBD2 reader or borrow one, read your codes, then take it to the dealer. I had the notorious emissions system error it turned out to be a faulty $30 pil pressure sensor, which I replaced myself.
I would probably be willing to the fuel injectors myself too, but that's a whole nother topic.
I don’t trust the dealer at all but if I filing a lemon law suit since it’s a brand new car than at least at the beginning I need to follow the instructions of American Honda!Since I only have few thousand miles in mine my situation is completely different than others!Mine is completely under warranty!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am having the same issue (Emissions System Problem) on my 2016 Pilot for 3 times now. The warning will turn on and off after driving about 100 miles. In two weeks time it comes "ON" again and "OFF" again. I brought it to Honda dealership but the service line was full and the service man told me that it is not a safety issue or the engine will not stop while driving, so I can come another day. I am not able to come back to the dealership yet.
This is an update on my 2016 Pilot Emission Problem: I upgraded the gasoline from "Regular" to "Medium" and the Emission problem still lights up. The warning lights came "OFF" after driving about 150 miles and still not showing out till now for more than 2000 miles of driving with Medium Gasoline fuel. My Pilot is now 56,000 miles. I hope this is the solution.

·
Registered
5 Posts
THERE IS A HONDA BULLETIN FOR THIS ISSUE and all Honda America dealers are honoring the repairs. My 2016 Honda Pilot had the same problem everyone else has. About 2 weeks ago the "EMISSION SYSTEM PROBLEM" message came up on the display as well as the check engine light. I made an appointment and took it to the dealer. They ran a diagnostic on it and pulled a P0430 code - which is what everyone else is seeing (the emission message and check engine light went off when I was getting checked in at the dealership and they still pulled the code from their computer). I had purchased the extended bumper to bumper and didn't even need it for this fix...and America Honda is extending their coverage for this issue only for 7 years/70,000 miles but does not tell everyone about this. The repairs will only be done to your car IF THEY PULL THIS SPECIFIC CODE...if not, you will be subjected to paying for a diagnostic fee. If this emission message comes on in your Pilot, and if the dealer can pull the P0430 code you're in business. On my car, they replaced all 6 injectors, fuel rails, and even all the gaskets as well for FREE. I asked the rep if this wasn't covered, how much would it cost, and he said about $2100. So for anyone that has the 2016 Pilot (and it is specific to this year of Pilots only so far), this is fully covered - DONT pay out of pocket for this if you're within this 7/70k warranty period. Don't clean it on your own...don't change fuel types...don't bring it to your local mechanic...don't waste any money or time!!! Even if you are a mechanic, parts alone cost about $700.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don’t trust the dealer at all but if I filing a lemon law suit since it’s a brand new car than at least at the beginning I need to follow the instructions of American Honda!Since I only have few thousand miles in mine my situation is completely different than others!Mine is completely under warranty!
See my post below...if Honda pulls the P0430 code, the work will be done for free.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I own a 16 EX-L AWD Pilot that has 47K miles on it. Take in to Honda for every service when it’s due and today I’m driving down the interstate during rush hour and my “Emissions Problems” light comes on and almost immediately the car is jerking hard as it shifts gears and will not excelerate to keep up with traffic. I called Honda service and they advised me to bring it straight to them if I could safely get there before they closed. Somehow I managed to get there and was advised that even with my 3K extra extended warranty I will be required to pay their $130 diagnosis fee. I had previously had them run diagnosis bc the car was hard shifting and sluggish but there were no warning lights and I was advised that there was no issue and it could have just been that since it was hot out the ac running could have been the cause. Since this is a known issue I’ll be fighting that diagnosis fee and def shouldn’t be my extended warranty companies responsibility if Honda has a defect in the 2016 pilots...

·
Registered
312 Posts
If the repair is covered under the extended warranty, then I am sure your diagnostic fee will be refunded or waived. The fee is usually charged to cover the mechanics work in case you decide not to have it repaired by them if it isn't covered by warranty. I have never lost the diagnostic fee when the repair has been warranty work at different brands of dealerships, not just Honda.

Curious if your extended warranty is Honda Care or an "aftermarket" one. If aftermarket, this might be why the dealer is charging that fee even though it should be waived for covered work.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If the repair is covered under the extended warranty, then I am sure your diagnostic fee will be refunded or waived. The fee is usually charged to cover the mechanics work in case you decide not to have it repaired by them if it isn't covered by warranty. I have never lost the diagnostic fee when the repair has been warranty work at different brands of dealerships, not just Honda.

Curious if your extended warranty is Honda Care or an "aftermarket" one. If aftermarket, this might be why the dealer is charging that fee even though it should be waived for covered work.
The warranty was bought thru the dealership which one of their companies they deal with but to speak to the diagnosis fee they ONLY charge it if there is an issue that has to be repaired, last time when they ran diagnostics I didn’t end up being charged since they could not find an issue. This time I will be charged since there is a warning light and most certainly will code when they run it.

·
Registered
312 Posts
That is very different than anything I have ever had happen regarding the diagnosis fee on warranty work. I haven't had anything other than manufacturer backed warranties though (Honda, Ford, GM) so not sure how yours is written except for what you just described. To be clear, this is a diagnosis fee and not a deductible, correct?

·
Registered
3 Posts
That is very different than anything I have ever had happen regarding the diagnosis fee on warranty work. I haven't had anything other than manufacturer backed warranties though (Honda, Ford, GM) so not sure how yours is written except for what you just described. To be clear, this is a diagnosis fee and not a deductible, correct?
That is correct, diagnosis fee not deductible. It is a standard with or without warranty by the dealership. You pay for diagnosis only if there’s a repair issue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
That is correct, diagnosis fee not deductible. It is a standard with or without warranty by the dealership. You pay for diagnosis only if there’s a repair issue.
Some dealers try to get the diagnostic fee regardless. However, if the repair is covered under warranty, there is no diagnostic fee AT ALL. Secondly...as someone above mentioned, if it is NOT a dealer extended warranty, and it is a third party warranty, then YES - you have to pay the diagnostic fee. I hope it works out well for you!

·
Registered
5 Posts
There should be no diagnostic fee if the repairs are covered under warranty. Call U.S. Honda at
General Inquiries: (800) 999-1009 toll-free
In-Car Technology Support: (888) 528-7876
Recall: (888) 234-2138
GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I own a 16 EX-L AWD Pilot that has 47K miles on it. Take in to Honda for every service when it’s due and today I’m driving down the interstate during rush hour and my “Emissions Problems” light comes on and almost immediately the car is jerking hard as it shifts gears and will not excelerate to keep up with traffic. I called Honda service and they advised me to bring it straight to them if I could safely get there before they closed. Somehow I managed to get there and was advised that even with my 3K extra extended warranty I will be required to pay their $130 diagnosis fee. I had previously had them run diagnosis bc the car was hard shifting and sluggish but there were no warning lights and I was advised that there was no issue and it could have just been that since it was hot out the ac running could have been the cause. Since this is a known issue I’ll be fighting that diagnosis fee and def shouldn’t be my extended warranty companies responsibility if Honda has a defect in the 2016 pilots...
This will be covered under US Honda warranty, even if you didn't purchase an extended warranty...ONLY IF THE P0430 code is pulled by the Honda tech will they do the replacing of injectors and fuel rails. If there is transmission or other "mechanical" problems and you have a warranty - that is a separate issue that they will need to make sure is covered under a power-train warranty for example.

61 - 78 of 78 Posts