Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My emsissions system error light came on. I have a 2017 Honda Pilot Touring with 53k miles. I just heard back from the dealer that this would not be covered under warranty and that it would be $1700. I see this has been an ongoing issue. I just called Honda USA and they act as if they don't see anything about this issue and thus nothing they can do. Has there been any updates to this issue? Please advise as I'm so frustrated right now. Thanks

·
Registered
439 Posts
I assume you confirmed it was the P0430 error code? Did you ask them specifically about the TSB for P0430 and the 8 year/80k mile Federal emissions warranty?

·
Registered
268 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They said the air fuel balance is off ....P0172. I'm in TN unfortunately. I would need the fuel injectors replaced and the fuel system service

·
Registered
11,325 Posts
They said the air fuel balance is off ....P0172. I'm in TN unfortunately. I would need the fuel injectors replaced and the fuel system service
P0172 is bank 1. These are the cylinders that can become problematic from the VCM operation. Yes, fuel injectors can become dirty. But I'd ask first if they cleaned or replaced the Mass Airflow sensor (MAF). I would not do this repair until all maintenance items relating to this problem have been done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts