Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My emissions warning light came on when I came to a stop light today. When the light turned green, my car could barely go. I had to pull into a nearby parking lot.
I turned off the engine and restarted it twice. Light was till on. Luckily I was able to drive it home (I wasn't too far away). I spoke with a Honda mechanic that said they need to get the code to know exactly what the problem is. Luckily I have access to one of those gadgets.
My Pilot is a 2008 with close to 130,000 miles on it.
Has anyone else had this issue?
I'm hoping to be able to get the code thing done tonight or tomorrow.
I really dislike not having my own ride!

·
Registered
72 Posts
My emissions warning light came on when I came to a stop light today. When the light turned green, my car could barely go. I had to pull into a nearby parking lot.
I turned off the engine and restarted it twice. Light was till on. Luckily I was able to drive it home (I wasn't too far away). I spoke with a Honda mechanic that said they need to get the code to know exactly what the problem is. Luckily I have access to one of those gadgets.
My Pilot is a 2008 with close to 130,000 miles on it.
Has anyone else had this issue?
I'm hoping to be able to get the code thing done tonight or tomorrow.
I really dislike not having my own ride!
You have access to a OBD2 scanner? What's the code?

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,267 Posts
Yes, post the code.

Have you been fooling around with a different gas station on the side?

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,267 Posts
Other things to try (assuming you have a nice and clean engine air filter and no cracks hiding on the underside of your air intake tube)...

• Change your PCV valve. Easy and inexpensive but be careful not to break it when removing. Broken PCV Valve Stuck in Engine FIX
  • Change, or at least clean, your EGR valve and clean your EGR ports, and they can sometime get pretty cruddy.
  • O2 sensors?
  • Is your 2008 2WD? If so, get and install a VCMuzzler or similar device. Super easy to install.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts