Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having this indiation on my 2016 Honda Pilot EXL from April 2016, the indication come and go, I went to the dealer in April but they said no Problem is diagnosed, but now the car started jerking so I again went for checkup today they said injectors have problem, one of my friend in USA also had this problem and Honda replaced the injectors free of charge, any one in Canada who got Injectors replaced by Honda free of charge.

·
Registered
11,325 Posts
Emission light does not come on unless there is a problem. Known issues with not only injectors, but also the transmission. The jerking is likely because of the torque converter and clutch lock. There is a technical service bulletin on this for a software update and 3 x drain and fill of your ATF.

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 EXL AWD Nav with sensing , 2008 Corolla SE
868 Posts
I don't think that we have the extended emissions warranty here in Canada like some of the States. Injectors are only covered for 3yrs or 60K kilometers in Canada unless you have an extended warranty. They are not covered under the 5/100k powertrain warranty from what I understand. They should be. Have you had this issue since April 2016? I would get someone to read the error codes and go from there. As was said, there are also transmission issues with dirty fluid and that may also cause jerking but that would be covered under the powertrain warranty.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Sounds similar to what I was experiencing. The dealer (Olathe, KS) replaced the fuel injectors at no charge under TSB 19-072. They extended the mileage limit to 80,000 miles, so I barely made it at 79,192. Not sure how/if this applies to Canada. There are other threads on the forum discussing this issue. Here is a link to my post in another thread. (Not sure if I linked it correctly.)

·
Registered
883 Posts
The jerking could very well be from a defective fuel injector or multiple fuel injector failure or clogging. Doesn't have to be only the transmission or VCM.

·
Registered
11,325 Posts
The jerking could very well be from a defective fuel injector or multiple fuel injector failure or clogging. Doesn't have to be only the transmission or VCM.
Possibly.
I'd get a sample of the transmission fluid to see it it's black.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts