Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has experience with this device, ELM327? The literature is very convincing but I am in the dark regarding its effectiveness. It is advertised as having free software to connect via Bluetooth with your iPhone.

Please discuss your experience with it.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,283 Posts
Works fine for many generic codes and a bargain for the price. It's what I have.

If you need more specialized Honda-specific codes you'd have to buy a more expensive Foxwell or something.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I have a Veepeak BLE and use the free Car Scanner app. It is ok for want it cost I guess. I bought it monitor my Transmission temperature on my Tundra when towing. It read basic OBDII codes and show live stream data. I usually reach for one of my traditional code readers if I am troubleshooting something but these Bluetooth devices have their place.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have been happy with having a Veepeak bluetooth one kept in the glovebox of each vehicle and then a Foxwell NT520 for Honda specific studd and 2 way control needs. I have 3 Hondas so I just needed the Honda firmware for the Foxwell scanner. Foxwell talks to all the computers, reads all the data and has 2 way control for lots of the functions that you might need the HDS system for.

Using ”OBD Fusion” for IOs devices to connect to the Veepeak or Panlong devices.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I appreciate all replies, however some of your comments are "above my pay grade". I'm still trying to decipher why my VSA and /!\ lights are in when the car runs fine. A trip to the dealer is out of the question. My mechanics diagnostics device could not give me an answer. Will any of these devices you all have will?

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,283 Posts
I appreciate all replies, however some of your comments are "above my pay grade". I'm still trying to decipher why my VSA and /!\ lights are in when the car runs fine. A trip to the dealer is out of the question. My mechanics diagnostics device could not give me an answer. Will any of these devices you all have will?
Ah, that information sheds some light on how to help you.

When that happened to me, I ended up biting the bullet and going to the dealer.

But I later discovered there are a couple of things I could have tried first:
  1. Disconnect the battery for a ½ an hour or so. And if that didn't work...
  2. there's a dealerless DIY solution to try: Traction control light causing VSA system light 2007 Pilot

·
Registered
128 Posts
Since you have both the VSA and Triangle light on, that indicates a problem/code in the VSA system.

Fixing it may be as simple as doing the VSA Neutral Position Memorization procedure referred in the post above or on page 19-92 in the service manual. The service manual is available from the Sticky
posts at the top of the forum.

The Foxwell NT520 tool worked for me to do the VSA Neutral Position Memorization process instead of the button pushing routine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts