Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
2016 Honda Pilot Touring (Canada)
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, currently in the process of purchasing my first Pilot. It is used but new to me. 馃榿 Just wondering if any of you purchased the electrical warranty? Is it worth it? Is it a waste of money? Would really appreciate your two cents. Thank you!

Registered
My two cents: I'm not a fan of extended warranties but current new or used vehicles tend to be tech-laden and tech-dependent to function so it is something to consider as long as the warranty premium is reasonable. Replacing and diagnosing failed or intermittent electronic components can be expensive dealer-only service. Lets see what the other Piloteers post.

Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
Hey guys, currently in the process of purchasing my first Pilot. It is used but new to me. 馃榿 Just wondering if any of you purchased the electrical warranty? Is it worth it? Is it a waste of money? Would really appreciate your two cents. Thank you!

Do you mean Extended warranty or Electrical warranty? Never heard of an electrical warranty.

As for an extended warranty, a vehicle is the only thing I get an extended warranty on. As mentioned newer vehicles are more computer than vehicle these days. Harder if not impossible to fix many things, outside the age old components, and generally quite expensive.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We were told we still have warranty on the vehicle but it doesn鈥檛 include electrical. I have to have a sit down and see how much it will cost. You all made a valid point how the vehicles now are very tech-heavy and it鈥檚 a lot to fix when it breaks down.

On that note, those of you who owns the 2016 Pilot (Touring/Elite), have you encountered any issues thus far?

Thanks!

Registered
2020 Honda Pilot Black Edition
Do you mean Extended warranty or Electrical warranty? Never heard of an electrical warranty.

As for an extended warranty, a vehicle is the only thing I get an extended warranty on. As mentioned newer vehicles are more computer than vehicle these days. Harder if not impossible to fix many things, outside the age old components, and generally quite expensive.
That's what I was wondering, was there a specific warranty for electrical components of the vehicle or the Honda Care extended warranty cover this.

If it exists though, I strongly recommend getting it.

Registered
2016 EXL AWD Nav with sensing , 2008 Corolla SE
For the price of a third party extended warranty, you can do a lot of repairs yourself especially when you factor in additional diagnostic fees and deductibles. Last Dec., I too was offered an extended warranty on a 2016 EXL that we purchased used with 80k kms which I declined due to the outrageous cost and deductibles. They are a waste IMO and a money maker for the dealers pushing them.

Registered
I don't buy extended warranties. It's bundled in your payments and your paying interest on it. Throw $50 in a savings account each month. That you know you can use later.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's what I was wondering, was there a specific warranty for electrical components of the vehicle or the Honda Care extended warranty cover this.

If it exists though, I strongly recommend getting it.
No it鈥檚 actually the Honda Plus Comprehensive Warranty.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't buy extended warranties. It's bundled in your payments and your paying interest on it. Throw $50 in a savings account each month. That you know you can use later.
Good call. I didn鈥檛 even think of it that way.

Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
I'm like nail grease in a fashion. I don't buy the extended warranty. Instead I don't try and nickel and dime the dealer on the price. I do my research and learn what the same vehicle is going for in my area on average. I go in with a real value on my trade-in and we go from there.

Instead of fighting for every penny I negotiate as part of the deal the things I want. With the 2020 Passport Touring the "incentives" included 5 years full service, Honda's best extended warranty, transmission cooler (no towing package, I have a truck for that), wireless phone charger, cross bars, rear cargo shade, 3K in incentive money plus 1K loyalty incentive and a excellent amount for my 2013 Pilot Touring.

I got a good deal on the Passport with all the things I wanted and the dealer price on the items I negotiated for, other than the actual monetary incentives, didn't cost the dealer what they would cost a customer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts