Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just forked out big money to have the dealer put a new fusebox in my 2013 Pilot and something seems hinky.

It's the main fusebox under the left side of my dash.

When I picked up my car, I noticed that the radio presets were still set. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't removing the fusebox kill all the power to the radio and require me to re-tune the presets? And when changing the fusebox, shouldn't they have disconnected the battery?

I can't help but wonder if they actually changed the fusebox at all.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2004 Pilot EX-L
501 Posts
I highly doubt if they did such a thing.
Why would you say that? It's standard procedure at most good shops to do that, and it's even stated in the factory service manual to write down the radio stations and reprogram them before giving back to the customer. Are you saying they didn't actually replace anything under the hood?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Let's just say the customer service I received form the dealer was less than stellar, which makes me wonder about the work being actually performed.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,274 Posts
Ditto, my dealer always writes down the stations and gets them reset. Some times not in quite the right order on the Sirius/XM channels, but they are always there.

·
Registered
695 Posts
The #1 question is: Why were needing the new fuse box? Was there some sort of problem with the car that required it? And is the problem now gone?

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
I find it sad how a supposed "service industry" is so mistrusted, and am more sad knowing that they fought hard and earned that reputation.

I'd give it 50/50 you had a good tech that cared enough to reprogram your presets or put one of the radio savers on the vehicle.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Did you get the old part back? If so, PM me if you are wiling to part with it.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Also --

I don't remember having to reset radio memory settings when I had the battery disconnected. 2013 Touring. There's mention of needing it in some posts here, but the only thing I had to do on reconnect was go through the validation of the audio/NAV stack serial number with PCM process. I don't know if the radio settings are more or less volatile on the different trim levels with different entertainment stack configurations.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,266 Posts
There are simple battery powered devices that can provide 12V to retain memory presets when the main battery is disconnected. Perhaps they used such a device.
I don't remember having to reset radio memory settings when I had the battery disconnected.
It could be the former or it could be the latter. Did you have to re-enter your radio anti-theft code? Maybe they did that for you. How about your driver's auto window? IIRC, when I personally disconnected the battery, I had to re-enter the code and reset the auto window but the radio presets were still retained in memory. Unless my memory is playing tricks on me. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts