Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i am a newbie here, my Honda pilot 2008 was making a whining noise after i replace the power steering belt, i got it worked on and that's when the major problem started, the alternator became faulty and after i got it changed, i noticed when i put on the AC, my headlight goes dim, my navigation screen goes on and off, next thing the battery indicator flashes on the dashboard and if i don't quickly put it off, it weakens the battery
My car repairer hasn't been able to identify the problem. Anyone encountered such before?

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot
89 Posts
Hi, i am a newbie here, my Honda pilot 2008 was making a whining noise after i replace the power steering belt, i got it worked on and that's when the major problem started, the alternator became faulty and after i got it changed, i noticed when i put on the AC, my headlight goes dim, my navigation screen goes on and off, next thing the battery indicator flashes on the dashboard and if i don't quickly put it off, it weakens the battery
My car repairer hasn't been able to identify the problem. Anyone encountered such before?
Did you have him change the belt tensioner along with alternator this normally could cause low voltage from a new alternator

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,298 Posts
What voltage are you getting when the engine is running, if you have a voltmeter or multimeter, about 14V or above?

If it's a whine that matches RPMs, it's most likely a bad alternator.

Could also be the serpentine belt tensioner isn't doing its job.

And are you absolutely sure the belt is the right size and it's been installed correctly? Sometimes it pays to recheck your work thoroughly.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,845 Posts
Check the cable to alternator and cables to the battery are fully secured. It could be a loose electrical connection.

Reactions: plplplpl and aggrex

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
2FB292B5-5139-4845-85C0-015B50ED7E92.jpeg
Don’t like to repeat myself but check your ground wires too ;) On a different vehicle they looked like this and affected the electrical system.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,298 Posts
Lovely pictures, and attached is where to locate them under the hood.

If they need replacing, these are good, inexpensive and easily gotten cables at your local Walmart.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts