Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2014 Pilot, It can be parked and locked while we go into a Mall, or restaurant. When we come out to the vehicle, all windows are down and the moonroof is wide open. All doors are still locked, and the rear hatch is down and locked. This has happened several times in the last 6 months. We are fortunate that it hasn't happened in a high crime area or during one of our Texas downpours. Has anyone heard of this?

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Is there a button on your remote which opens all windows and moonroof?
And post in the forum by year, it helps structure the forum.

·
Registered
17 Posts
If the unlock button on the fob is pressed twice and held down on the second press the windows and roof open up. Just need to be sure that the fob is not pressed in a pocket or purse. Maybe a way to disable in the settings? Anyone know if that's posible?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If the unlock button on the fob is pressed twice and held down on the second press the windows and roof open up. Just need to be sure that the fob is not pressed in a pocket or purse. Maybe a way to disable in the settings? Anyone know if that's posible?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep....I just went out in the garage and tried the unlock combo.....Bingo....that is the culprit. I always slip the keys in my back pocket. Not any more. Thank you so much.

·
Registered
4 Posts
On my 2014 Pilot, It can be parked and locked while we go into a Mall, or restaurant. When we come out to the vehicle, all windows are down and the moonroof is wide open. All doors are still locked, and the rear hatch is down and locked. This has happened several times in the last 6 months. We are fortunate that it hasn't happened in a high crime area or during one of our Texas downpours. Has anyone heard of this?
Just happened to me with a 2019 Honda Pilot. Service manage said it was entirely possible as something in my pocket or purse can hit the unlock button and this will happen. I was advised that there is no way to turn this feature off, just be careful with key fob!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts