Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased 2006 pilot and I am finding it more challenging than I thought to fix a few things. And the more I look the more things I find

1 the power locks do not work. This makes it so the back hatch will not open. I cannot find a button or latch to open it and it is locked so I cannot unlock it. I checked fuses.
2 Rear Air controls do not work or the blower does not work. Again fuses are good

3 the windshield washer fluid does not squirt out. Again checked fuses.
Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,323 Posts
Check those fuses again with a multimeter. Sometimes you can't eyeball a hairline fracture.

If all the power locks do not work, even when you use the switches on the inside of the front doors, I would highly doubt that all actuators have failed, so welcome to the wonderful world of electrical troubleshooting. I've provided you with your introductory handbook below.

For the windshield wiper fluid, if you're sure your electricals (fuses and wiring) are OK, and the fluid isn't coming out of either of the two front nozzles, the rear one and there's no pooling on the ground, your pump motor is probably shot, and it's a lot easier and just about as cheap to replace the whole fluid tank, motor and all, than to replace just the motor, IIRC. Salvage yard should be good for this if new OEM or aftermarket are too pricey.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check those fuses again with a multimeter. Sometimes you can't eyeball a hairline fracture.

If all the power locks do not work, even when you use the switches on the inside of the front doors, I would highly doubt that all actuators have failed, so welcome to the wonderful world of electrical troubleshooting. I've provided you with your introductory handbook below. View attachment 148596

For the windshield wiper fluid, if you're sure your electricals (fuses and wiring) are OK, and the fluid isn't coming out of either of the two front nozzles, the rear one and there's no pooling on the ground, your pump motor is probably shot, and it's a lot easier and just about as cheap to replace the whole fluid tank, motor and all, than to replace just the motor, IIRC. Salvage yard should be good for this if new OEM or aftermarket are too pricey.
Thanks that helps tremendously

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,188 Posts
For the rear blower, typically the mesh filter screen gets clogged with lint which causes the rear blower transistor module (if EX trim) or resistor module (LX trim) to fail. You access both of these by pulling the panel that your right foot kicks when you’re sitting in the driver seat. Vacuum that screen out when you replace the module.

And welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
144 Posts
For the rear blower, typically the mesh filter screen gets clogged with lint which causes the rear blower transistor module (if EX trim) or resistor module (LX trim) to fail. You access both of these by pulling the panel that your right foot kicks when you’re sitting in the driver seat. Vacuum that screen out when you replace the module.

And welcome to the forum.
I just bought a 2008 pilot. This sounds like good maintenance. I'll have a look and should clean this area while have it apart to install the AUX Bluetooth I just ordered. I hope to run the AUX and USB cable along the center and up somehow.

·
Registered
10,323 Posts

Before:

After:

·
Registered
10,323 Posts
Rear Air controls do not work or the blower does not work. Again fuses are good
Of course you know that rear air control knob only work if you activate it from the dedicated button in the front.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts