Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off When approaching the car key fobs don't unlock the doors even once the doors are open unlock lock buttons from inside the car don't work either car starts up fine the radio screen doesn't show anything that's the screen with the navigation radio works fine AC works fine all the buttons make the sounds but the screen is still blank power liftgate giving issues as well add not working at this point any ideas I just disconnected the battery and reconnected and still same thing this is after we had some heavy rain in the area is it possible that the battery is going bad?

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
If the battery is able to start the car, it's likely fine. Regardless, batteries aren't selective about what they want to run and what they don't.

Start your research with a check of fuses in the car. There are three main fuse locations, starting under the hood with two, then the one by the driver's knee under the dash. Make a list of the things that don't work, identify the fuses for those things, check the fuses. There are mostly larger power- and system-distribution fuses in the boxes under the hood, making a start there maybe a better idea because one or two there will take out multiple items.

Last... Do the group here a favor and put together the doesn't-work list. Post it here, with a line break between each listed item. Don't be afraid to use punctuation in your posts. I know it's old-school for folks who pump out really long extended stream of conciousness rambles with no breaks between thoughts like they do with their friends thumb typing on a cell-phone keyboard assuming that the person they are addressing is thinking exactly the same things they are and is following along in almost real time and can start formulating a response after the first few words. I'm old school. Help me help you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts