Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi piloteers I’ve experienced some issues with my 09 Pilot (121k) last night and glad it didn’t dump me on the road. Generally while I was driving on the way home last night, the battery light popped up and then couple minutes later my warning light and VSA popped up as well but the vehicle drives fine at low speed. Then as I was trying to back into my garage, I noticed that the vehicle won’t move when I shifted to reverse, so I shifted back to drive and drive into the garage.
I had solenoid oil leaking issues before and fixed it myself so I guess the battery light issues could be the alternator. But I have no clue regarding the shifting issue.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My 09 did something similar at 228K miles , it started with the transmission slipping , slamming in an out of gear and at times no response in drive nor reverse. In my case it was the alternator , replaced it and with the charging system working properly everything went back to normal. Not bad that the original alternator decided to go bad at 228K. It might no hurt to check on the battery to make sure it is charged up. In my case the battery was low on charge ( AutoZone tested it for me. took it out and brought it to them ) it was only 1.5 years old so it made sense it was the alternator. Took my about 1.5 hours to swap it out taking my time.
Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts