Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
41 - 41 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Yeah...

My winter-stored cars get to sit on tall jackstands (20-24") with wheels removed. Taller than mice can jump. There are zip-lock bags with a few small holes punched, and a couple mothballs, placed strategically around where rodents might consider camping out. Air intake nozzles have screen to reduce temptation to camp on the air filter, otherwise the mothballs seem to be doing the job well. These are cars stored indoors, constant temp and humidity.

I've considered driving onto big plastic sheets or tarps, and pulling the sides up and taping them to the car, making a big plastic boat hull underneath. Would save on the lifting and tire storage effort. Plus, combined with a car cover, might work even with outside storage. Mothballs are a great deterrent, but they also add a particular chemical fragrance in that part of the garage. Outdoors would be less of an issue.

The ultrasonic repellers, both plug-ins and in the critical places in the cars, would be ideal except K is convinced it would kill the cats. No poison bait either. I have a bucket trap with peanut-butter bait for mice, but haven't seen any victims in a few years now. Maybe the mice are getting smarter. One of the cats still sniffs around a lot in that garage section, but no critters have been brought as prizes.

41 - 41 of 41 Posts