Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there use Edmunds.com service of requesting price quotes from dealers? I would like to hear from those of you who have, and let me know what your experiences were (worthwhile or not worthwhile?).

Thanks!

·
Registered
180 Posts
I think it's worthwhile to get a dialogue established, but you won't necessarily get your very best pricing that way. The dealers seem to have a "pat" answer they provide to internet buyers now, relatively independent of current market conditions/inventory.

I'm almost at the point where I think I have to go back to the "Dealer Y offered this, can you beat it" method via the phone. At least the interest route might give you a starting point.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
mabucfan said:
Anyone out there use Edmunds.com service of requesting price quotes from dealers? I would like to hear from those of you who have, and let me know what your experiences were (worthwhile or not worthwhile?).

Thanks!
I tried Edmunds last November.

I received email replies from 3 dealers very promptly, but in neither case did they give me an actual PRICE quote. They asked me to come by the dealership and/or wanted to speak to me by phone "to understand my needs better" (though I had spelled out my vehicle requirements to the letter). In follow-up phone conversations with 2 of the dealers, no matter how I tried, I couldn't get a real price quote, either.

A second try through another ".com" service yielded similar results.

So, other than acquainting me with various tactics salesmen use to evade firm answers, no, Edmunds wasn't worthwhile for me.
:28:

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
amongst the web-sites I think the best is carsdirect.com

it lists the price for your vehicle and you only deal with their customer service reps. You go to the dealer only to pick up the car.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
ramirami said:
amongst the web-sites I think the best is carsdirect.com

it lists the price for your vehicle and you only deal with their customer service reps. You go to the dealer only to pick up the car.
Wish I had known about carsdirect.com (and this board) before I bought my Pilot!

·
Registered
288 Posts
I had about the same experience as Ziploc. No "real" prices unless I wanted to go visit the dealers in person.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts