Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(edited by TheWorm)

metalman64 - you can edit this post to provide an excerpt of the article along with a link to the balance. Can't have the whole thing here (copyrighted)

Thanks.

·
Registered
620 Posts

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Edmunds.com long term test drive for may

Jet-Pilot-64 said:

Wow! Has everybody heard about this flaw in the water pump? Hopefully it only affects a few vehicles...
sign up for owners link on hondacars.com and they will tell you when a recall is on your car...

·
Registered
328 Posts
I'm a little confused - how did they manage to have BOTH a navi and a DVD in their Pilot? Both dealer-installed. Someone help me out here...

·
Registered
33 Posts
From what I remember reading, Edmunds had the dealer install an aftermarket entertainment system to the Pilot.

I called the dealer which installed (Goudy Honda in Alhambra, CA) as to the system and price.

They quoted me $1800 for an audiovox system. The DVD goes directly into the unit on the roof, there is no need for a separate DVD player with this system so the problem of not having space in the car is resolved.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
smartlis1 said:
From what I remember reading, Edmunds had the dealer install an aftermarket entertainment system to the Pilot.

I called the dealer which installed (Goudy Honda in Alhambra, CA) as to the system and price.

They quoted me $1800 for an audiovox system. The DVD goes directly into the unit on the roof, there is no need for a separate DVD player with this system so the problem of not having space in the car is resolved.

Hope this helps!
'

or if its a DVD player with a severate DVD player..it can be installed in the glove compartment

·
Registered
307 Posts
the Honda site never informed me of te recall, this site did before my dealer even knew, boy that was a headache as well.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Edmunds.com long term test drive for may

ramirami said:

sign up for owners link on hondacars.com and they will tell you when a recall is on your car...
The water pump recall has never showed up on the honda ownerlink. I had mine serviced at my local dealer 2 weeks before the recall notice arrived in my mail. The dealer received the recall one day before I read it on this forum.

To this day, there has been no mention of the recall on the honda ownerlink page.

·
Registered
461 Posts
As someone about to head out on a cross country drive in a new Pilot, that article did NOT inspire confidence. I can deal with filling it up every 200 miles, I can deal with 11 mpg, but I can not deal with being stranded in the middle of nowhere.

·
Registered
328 Posts
my3kids said:
As someone about to head out on a cross country drive in a new Pilot, that article did NOT inspire confidence. I can deal with filling it up every 200 miles, I can deal with 11 mpg, but I can not deal with being stranded in the middle of nowhere.
I don't think something is likely to go wrong in such a new, good reliable vehicle. BTW, I told a friend we went over a fairly remote mountain pass last weekend and she noted that we were lucky nothing had broken down! Huh? I implicitly trust our Pilot! :)

·
Registered
242 Posts
Re: Re: Edmunds.com long term test drive for may

Originally posted by metalman64
What a bummer :3: to breakdown in the middle of no where.

·
Registered
725 Posts
That Breakdown Has Me Nervous

I'll be taking the same route next week from Colorado to Las Vegas. I hope that stretch of I-70 doesn't become the "Curse of the PILOT."

Fortunately, I've driven that part of the highway several times with my PILOT and have had NO TROUBLE!!!

Here's knockin' on wood!

PILOTinginCO
Sagebrush Pearl-EX

·
Registered
310 Posts
Not to excuse Honda for the problem but if the writer of the article had been a frequent contributor and reviewer of this website, he would have known about the water pump issue from the beginning.

One more reason to join honda-pilot.org!

·
Registered
747 Posts
This sucks. I hope I am not about to repeat my Honda passport nightmare.

Fixed both front door auto lock.
replaced power window unit on pessanger side front
(problems not fixed when trade in)
Freaky driver side rear door lock
Dancing rpm neddle
starter problem
grinding engine noise when cold
15 mpg

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
The water pump recall is old news. I don't understand! I've seen on Ownerlink that mine's not included in the recall. I thought everyone knew about this recall!

1 - 20 of 68 Posts