Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have information on whether the ECU on a 2013 Pilot needs to be changed if you're upgrading to an engine from a 2019 Pilot. I have an engine from a 2019 Pilot that's low mileage and has 280 hp. vs my high mileage 250 hp original engine. I found a youtube video showing the new engine being bolted to the early transmission but the ECU issue wasn't addressed.
Thanks for any help anyone can provide.
Jim

·
Registered
11,367 Posts
Does anyone have information on whether the ECU on a 2013 Pilot needs to be changed if you're upgrading to an engine from a 2019 Pilot. I have an engine from a 2019 Pilot that's low mileage and has 280 hp. vs my high mileage 250 hp original engine. I found a youtube video showing the new engine being bolted to the early transmission but the ECU issue wasn't addressed.
Thanks for any help anyone can provide.
Jim
The 3rd Gen ECU will not work in a 2nd Gen. 5 speed transmission versus 6 or 9 speed comes to mind. Is your vehicle AWD or 2WD? Engine is specd for either or, or you must change out parts. Then the 2nd wiring harness would have to match the connections on the engine. Just a big can of worms. I don't advise it, but I'd love for someone to prove me wrong.

·
Registered
11,367 Posts
3 gen pilot does not have aPower Steering pump. Will 2nd gen PS pump, and serpentine belt tensioner mount up on the 3rd Gen engine? Again, I'd love for someone to prove me wrong.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts