Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there!

I am wondering if anyone has had luck with a cheaper option for roof racks for the third gen (2016 +) Pilot. I have an EXL and recently purchased a tandem kayak that probably weighs 100lbs. I hate the idea of scraping it along the paint if I need to load it by myself, but can’t really justify spending $600 to haul a $400 craigslist kayak.

To rub salt in the wound, we have a utility AND kayak trailer but they are kept at the cabin 99% of the time for the extended family to use.

Has anyone had luck with aftermarket knockoffs?
Is there anything cheaper than buying separate roof rails plus cross bars,

Many thanks,

- a River Rat

·
Registered
332 Posts
Buy Craigslist racks for your Craigslist boat.

I don't know about your area, but Yakima / Thule components are easy to find on CL here. Going price is about 50%.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Hi there!

I am wondering if anyone has had luck with a cheaper option for roof racks for the third gen (2016 +) Pilot. I have an EXL and recently purchased a tandem kayak that probably weighs 100lbs. I hate the idea of scraping it along the paint if I need to load it by myself, but can’t really justify spending $600 to haul a $400 craigslist kayak.

To rub salt in the wound, we have a utility AND kayak trailer but they are kept at the cabin 99% of the time for the extended family to use.

Has anyone had luck with aftermarket knockoffs?
Is there anything cheaper than buying separate roof rails plus cross bars,

Many thanks,

- a River Rat
What year is your Pilot?

https://www.bernardiparts.com/Products/Honda-Roof-Rack-(Pilot)__08L02-TG7-100C.aspx

This is for the 2019-20 Pilot. There was some threads about whether it fits on 16-18 but I don't think anyone tried.

The rails and crossbars show same part# for all years '16-'20. Instructions on line at Bernardi and Collegehills. Download/Print/Compare step by step the rail and crossbar instructions for a 2017 and a 2019. If all the steps/measurements are the same for rails then it should be also for just the carrier.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts