Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

601 - 605 of 605 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
I did that already last year when I buy the Muzzler from Verbatim... and still use the DW1 for AT... sorry if you don’t liked... everybody have choices. I chose the OEM specs and happy with that.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
I did that already last year when I buy the Muzzler from Verbatim... and still use the DW1 for AT... sorry if you don’t liked... everybody have choices. I chose the OEM specs and happy with that.
Yes, the kind of ATF you use is your choice. It's also OEM specs to have an active VCM.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yes... my car was a lease return... so I go with the presumption that no maintenance was done or minimum required... oil change and brakes no more. I have the chance to see the postings about VCM and make the choice to do that... specially in the conditions that I drive here in DR where is very hot and the engine run most of the time in ECO mode... for the price don’t worth the risk to have problems with the engine mounts or the cats... to expensive in my opinion; for AT oil I can change 3 jugs at every 3 engine oil changes to keep it fresh al the time... but as I tell you, this is my way...

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Yes... my car was a lease return... so I go with the presumption that no maintenance was done or minimum required... oil change and brakes no more. I have the chance to see the postings about VCM and make the choice to do that... specially in the conditions that I drive here in DR where is very hot and the engine run most of the time in ECO mode... for the price don’t worth the risk to have problems with the engine mounts or the cats... to expensive in my opinion; for AT oil I can change 3 jugs at every 3 engine oil changes to keep it fresh al the time... but as I tell you, this is my way...
I understand. We each have our way of doing things. It's nice to have the freedom of choice. Are you using Honda OEM oil and filter too?

·
Registered
64 Posts
For the eng oil I use Mobil 1 synthetic , Castrol synthetic or even Total synthetic but 5-20 not 0-20 this is maybe for newer models.
By the way in March I buy a 2020 Toyota Camry and that run with 0-16... this is really madness...
Anyway I never change the oil at the computer requirements but on time every 2 years... I never run more that 1500 - 2000 miles per year... I have also a Jeep wrangler tj that I use for the shorter runs “topples” and off road.

601 - 605 of 605 Posts