Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

181 - 184 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Make it tranny drain and fill 3x, not flush.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Just did this again today, after doing it in April of 2015. It probably could've waited several months more, but since I was rearranging stuff in the glove box, I was just about halfway there anyway. It's even easier after you've done it once, and since I had gotten a three-pack of filters last time, I already had one on hand, and I still have another one left for the next time. At $11 a pop (and free DIY installation), it's nice to freshen up the cabin air, plus there was a little debris, mostly pine needles, in there I took out.
Finally got around to doing this again with the third filter I got in my 3-pack from filterheads.com. Time to order another 3-pack: https://www.filterheads.com/i-445-aq1054-cabin-air-filter-particulate-media-3pk-buy-2-get-1-free.html

I hadn't realized I took so long to do it again this time. I was under the impression I had done it recently, but looking at the previous date in this thread I did it, it was almost three years ago. Like the Steve Miller Band says, "Time keeps on slippin' into the future."

Edit:
Immediately perceived results: Better and fresher airflow; cooler A/C.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
My car was serviced by Honda for 10 years before handing down to the kids. Replaced the filter for the first time in 5 years, the Honda shop must have removed the steel bar and there are no problems.

181 - 184 of 184 Posts