Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Empty out your glove box and locate the clips on the inside left and right side of the glove box (GB).
Tools
8mm socket 1/4 drive
Rachet 1/4 drive
Phillips Screwdriver
Small hacksaw
(DISCLAIMER): Please keep in mind that these procedures are what worked for me and my situation. I merely wanted to create a shorter, easier version of this DIY job. Your situation may be different so I cannot take responsibility for your results.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The grey plastic mold needs to be removed. The dealerships cuts this off too, so don't be alarmed or afraid to cut this off. It has to be removed in order to get the Cabin Air Filter out. Cut on the right side and left side.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Remove the Air Filter revealing more debris inside the box. Vacuum the inside of the box out prior to putting in another Air Filter. Mine had alot of small leaves. I blew it out first then I vacuumed it.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Insert the new Cabin Air Filter. Pay attention to the way the AIR FLOWS. This is a Bosch Air Filter that shows the air flow direction and the air box also shows the air flow direction. This Bosch filter cost $19.99 from Schucks. (No tax (Alaska Residents), Military Discount). It is a nice filter.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Now install the Air Box Door, then put the metal brace back in place and install its hardware, then reinstall the GB lower left phillips screwdriver (underneath the left side of the GB), reinstall the two clips, and finally put all the junk back in the GB and your family will be ready to ride in the Pilot with clean air flowing inside.

These are the procedure I took so I didn't have to remove the right side kick board and the lower door trim. It took about 20 minutes in all and the next time will be even faster but I will always take my time lowering the GB with the left GB retaining bolt removed.

This is an easy task anyone can do. Have fun and take your time.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Very, very nice pictorial and description of this easy maintanence item!

Welcome to HPorg, you've got 22 posts under your belt so far, we will all benefit from future write ups from you!

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
jestmaty said:
Very, very nice pictorial and description of this easy maintanence item!

Welcome to HPorg, you've got 22 posts under your belt so far, we will all benefit from future write ups from you!
Thanks for the welcome JESTMATY. I want to help others here in the Forum as much as it has helped me. Anything and everything I do on my pilot that may assist someone else will be documented and added to this forum.

Once again, thanks for the compliment and the welcome.

1 - 20 of 184 Posts